I recorded a demo for a punk rock band. I think it turned out really well but my ears are jaded becuase I have heard the songs soooo many times. Is everything sitting pretty good? What do you think overall? Song is in my profile. Its "I Dont Know."

Thanks. Will crit 4 crit.
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Donkeyman2341, you are my new god!
Last edited by donkeyman2341 at May 20, 2008,
Hmm...did they all play at the same time? And how did you record? Directly line out? Needs to be mic'd. The amps need less bass and mids and more treble. Less gain would help too. Needs more mics for the drums. And the vocals need just a bit more umph[in quality]. For a cheap home setup it sounds pretty good. You plan to get into the industry as a producer?
I got some good guitars, yo.
Quote by Leat
Hmm...did they all play at the same time? And how did you record? Directly line out? Needs to be mic'd. The amps need less bass and mids and more treble. Less gain would help too. Needs more mics for the drums. And the vocals need just a bit more umph[in quality]. For a cheap home setup it sounds pretty good.

haha no we tracked everything seperate. does it sound a bit sloppy? i cant really do much about their playing. I miced all the guitars. i thought if anything the guitars were too trebely....hmm. They weren't really diggin the tone I gave them ( so then I told them to tweak it to there liking...a mistake) Drums were only 2 channels. Yes i agree that they need help, but I only have a 2 channel interface. What can I do about the vocals though? I feel they need a more "produced" sound, but im not sure how to get there. thanks for listening tho.

Quote by Leat
You plan to get into the industry as a producer?

dunno, do you think i got what it takes? lulz. i heard its hard to get in and for the average guy theres not much work. is that true?
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Donkeyman2341, you are my new god!
Last edited by donkeyman2341 at May 20, 2008,