Can some one give me ideas to learn a song in drop b i like bands like i killed the prom queen and parkway drive. but i already no most of there songs
Throwdown plays in drop B AFAIK.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Damo182
I think Bring Me The Horizon use Drop B? I'm not sure though.

pretty sure they do

Quote by Lou108
Is damageplan drop B?

im not really sure...

pretty sure they don't (didn't?)
Last edited by ralph wiggum at May 20, 2008,
sevendust always plays in B. their heavy stuff, at least.

check out "dead set" by 7D.
Ibanez RG5EX1
Epiphone SG-400

Line 6 Spider II 112 - 75w

Monster
BOSS
Dunlop

there's like 2 songs on the most recent slayer album that are in drop b you would have to check the metal tunings thread to be sure which ones they are, also check out what other bands play in drop-b while you are there
Damageplan doesn't use Drop B; I know Pride isn't, at least...

Machine Head isn't exactly "drop B"; it's more like a unique tuning that happens to have the heavy E string tuned down to B. check out some Machine Head tabs and ull see what im talking about

I would assume bands that use 7-strings could be generally associated with drop B tuning, as they tend to be low...
also, to glbeaux, Alter Bridge definitely doesn't play in drop B... again, as in Machine Head's case, Mark uses a unique tuning that happens to have the heavy E string tuned down to B in Come to Life, I believe. the Blackbird album tends to switch tunings throughout songs, although I know Brand New Start and Blackbird are in 1/2 step down, and Rise Today is in drop D I wanna say? and Watch Over You is a strangely-unique tuning as well...
Quote by InLovingMemory7
Machine Head isn't exactly "drop B"; it's more like a unique tuning that happens to have the heavy E string tuned down to B. check out some Machine Head tabs and ull see what im talking about

I thought they were, I know for a fact Now I lay thee down and Clenching the fists of dissent are. Aesthetics of hate is in C# standard which is drop B but without the dropped bottom string.
Quote by \m/Gaz
I thought they were, I know for a fact Now I lay thee down and Clenching the fists of dissent are. Aesthetics of hate is in C# standard which is drop B but without the dropped bottom string.

All of the blackening is in dropped B tuning.

Except Aesthetics, which is C# standard, whose bottom string is 1 and a 1/2 steps up.

Older stuff (burn my eyes) was in C# Standard.

Slipknot is All in drop B, but their bassist plays in B Standard.
Quote by Hammerzeit

Except Aesthetics, which is C# standard, whose bottom string is 1 and a 1/2 steps up.

yeah, I thought so, I only mentioned those 3 coz they're the only ones I've learnt to play on guitar. and yeah, C# standard is the same as drop B appart from the bottom string.
Not sure about Elysia, but I know Animosity plays in Drop B for all their stuff.
You could just go with B standard, in which case.... Amon Amarth, and most 7 string bands would be possible.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by IizAnthonyBuck
DevilDriver plays in Drop B, i recommend Hold Back The Day and End of The Line.

i've looked at a few tabs that said devildriver played Drop C?

machine head play in Drop B mostly
and some disarmonia mundi is drop B too...
Top lel.
Quote by Hammerzeit

Halo isn't in drop B, it's in drop C.
Quote by Local666Union
Halo isn't in drop B, it's in drop C.

sure?

i had a tab which said drop B
Top lel.