I can only read tabs but want to be able to read music as well. I looked up some sources but couldn't find a good one. Are there any online sources that teach how to read music from very very simple to advanced, for guitar pieces of course. Thanks for suggestions.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
it may sound stupid, but buy one of those begginer books, they should explain notation. just make sure that no one finds your shame.....
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Um... do what I did: Learn what one of the notes is, and just word from there. Count up or count down to learn the others, and pretty quickly you will know them all. If you need something to get you started, the note on the lowest line is E. Now work from there LOL
so every note he has to stop playing and count up from the bottom line? i can see how that will help someone learn.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

Quote by aradine
so every note he has to stop playing and count up from the bottom line? i can see how that will help someone learn.

It will take forever at first, but I worked for me :P
there are much easier, and much more economical ways of learning music.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Quote by gregs1020

i tried that for years with piano and i still cant read music. I memorise it. Learn dont count
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

Quote by slogankid1
i tried that for years with piano and i still cant read music. I memorise it. Learn dont count

The counting thing is just to get you started. I counted only during the first week or two, and then I just read it easily =\
off topic question
what exactly those keys (G , F , C ) do at the begining of the stave ??
i know they show the repective place of the other notes but how do you determine the notes octave ?
mean what is the ctave of those keys?