Hi,
I am looking to buy a good book for advanced guitar player: soloing, advanced scales and harmonies, jazz, ... But I'd like that to be in tab notation, not in standard notation. Any recommendations?

Thanks
Well, basically, you'll find that books on advanced harmony and jazz ALL use music notation, because those aren't "guitar" disciplines - nor is soloing, really, but there are a few. I recommend the Howard Roberts Guitar Method. Which i've just found out has been renamed :
"Super Chops - Jazz Guitar Technique in 20 Weeks, by Howard Roberts"
Simply put, if you're not a musical prodigy, you're going to need to learn to read music if you want to get any good at jazz or classical type stuff. Unless you've got perfect pitch, or are Wes Montgomery, good luck with only using tab. All the serious methods and instruction books for these styles are Stand. Notation only, and for good reason.
Freepower, Gutar_theory,

Thanks for replies but I cannot get "Super Chops - Jazz Guitar Technique in 20 Weeks, by Howard Roberts" anywhere in the UK and it looks like it is not in tab notation. I know that it is best to know the notes ( I knew well years ago but forgot ), so I am looking for a fast-track now. There must be something in tab notation that is of some use....
Quote by Freepower
I recommend the Howard Roberts Guitar Method. Which i've just found out has been renamed :
"Super Chops - Jazz Guitar Technique in 20 Weeks, by Howard Roberts"

Praxis Guitar Method by Howard Roberts is also OK. It's in 2 volumes.

If you're really looking for something that's all tabbed out try "Sheets of Sound"
volumes I & II. This is my favorite guitar book. It's intermediate-advanced scale
studies. It's in both standard and tab. You won't find a lot of theory here, as that's
not the point -- it's technique, ear and fingerboard training using scales.

For theory, I like Bert Ligand's Jazz Theory Resources. Jazzology is also fairly decent
with good examples. Andrew Greene's Jazz Comping and Jazz Structures -- both
good. All these are standard notation only. Pretty much every theory-centric book
is. "Sheets of Sound" sounds exactly like what you're looking for.
Quote by alanford
Freepower, Gutar_theory,

Thanks for replies but I cannot get "Super Chops - Jazz Guitar Technique in 20 Weeks, by Howard Roberts" anywhere in the UK and it looks like it is not in tab notation. I know that it is best to know the notes ( I knew well years ago but forgot ), so I am looking for a fast-track now. There must be something in tab notation that is of some use....

Don't forget, you get out what you put in, and I just said that was a personal favorite, not that it was in tab.