I saw the overrated/underrated movie thread and thought to ask for some help on this one. I looked up the movie Equilibrium cos plenty of people were recommending it and it reminded me of a movie I saw a while ago that I can't remember the name of. It was on tv during the afternoon, if that makes any difference.
Basically, people's thoughts/emotions etc are restricted by the government via a chip in their head and they had basically no concept of art. All I can really remember is that a man breaks away from it and meets a woman. She is kinda like a prostitute except he pays her to bypass the chip and I think they played chess or something. Anyway, he tries to expose everyone to music and show them some beauty in the world but he is stopped. He eventually goes on television and shoots himself and the people watching hardly notice.
Some of these details may not be quite right, but its the best I can remember from years ago. I just remember the ending made me sad.
Quote by dangorironhide
Sounds like a George Orwell/Ray Bradbury short story to me...

+1 it does sound a play on 1984
Last edited by BassmasterGreg at May 21, 2008,
Really? I have never actually read 1984 but I know more or less what it's about. Maybe I just didn't pick up on it because it was years ago

EDIT: The more I think about it, the less like 1984 it was, any other ideas?
Last edited by Adam_G at May 20, 2008,
Quote by dangorironhide
*facepalm

That had better be a typo. Seriously. I't's 1984

Can I just point out how funny it is that your sig tells other people to learn how to use apostrophes?
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Are you sure it isn't Running Man? love that book.... havent been able to find the film ANYWHERE... gonna have to download it...

EDIT: It's got Schwarzenegger in it and it's based on Stephen King's novel
Holy ****! Well done man. Harrison Bergeron definitely the title.
Last edited by Adam_G at May 20, 2008,
lol no problem ... i so wanna see it... i heard that the ending sucks in the film... the book endings AWESOME though...
Quote by InkJunkie
Are you sure it isn't Running Man? love that book.... havent been able to find the film ANYWHERE... gonna have to download it...

Nah it's definitely Harrison Bergeron. TS described it perfectly, from the emotion *****, to the main character shooting himself at the end.
Yeah, the film of Running Man is a bag of ass, the book is one of the best things ever.
Member of the Nobuo Uematsu Fan Club

FFIX and FFXII Fan

The pit on incest....

Quote by wiggy1988
more like WINcest amirite?
Yeah I remember really liking it, but finding it kinda disturbing and sad. Thanks again.
Yeah, I have a movie I can't think of too!

It's about this massive monster that goes around New York destroying it... aaggh.
DANK MEMES
Quote by alex831
Yeah, the film of Running Man is a bag of ass, the book is one of the best things ever.

I heard it was crap and involved spandex clad men ...
They should definitely remake it... i can picture it with all the awesome CGI buildings and everything...

I feel like watching it now! AND reading it...

*clicks on Limewire*
*runs to library*

Quote by Jawkster
Yeah, I have a movie I can't think of too!

It's about this massive monster that goes around New York destroying it... aaggh.

omg, i know this one! its maid in manhattan!
Quote by Kensai
kikaykitko, why do I get the feeling you're very sex depraved when you're on UG?

Quote by kikaykitko
Because my virginity is starting to grow back.