Think im going to go for the Trace elliot 500w 7 band head and the 500w 1x15 cab.

Obviously going to test play it first before i buy, just wondering if this would definatly suit metal and rock styles of music in drop tunings.

Opinions n shiz welcome aswel.
Some people may call me tasteless, but i personally think Rickenbackers are the ugliest basses to ever land on this earth.
Yeah, it'd certainly suit metal.

My chem teacher is running a Trace with two 2x10s atm. He's in a metal band, works quite well.

With only one cab, you will only be getting ~250W out of the head. When you run it with two cabs, you'll get the full 500W

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Jonnomainman
Yeah, it'd certainly suit metal.

My chem teacher is running a Trace with two 2x10s atm. He's in a metal band, works quite well.

With only one cab, you will only be getting ~250W out of the head. When you run it with two cabs, you'll get the full 500W

My second trace question that you answered! Man i love you.

You been in contact with them gig folk i sent you?
Some people may call me tasteless, but i personally think Rickenbackers are the ugliest basses to ever land on this earth.
I had a Trace SM715 combo for a while. I think it was 300 watts or so, but it was loud! 1 15 inch speaker and 7 band eq. Drowned out everyone on half volume. I loved it! Great for rock, great for metal!

Don't expect much out of your mids and highs though, with that 15" speaker. I fiddled and tweaked, but always found the lows really pump out well, but it all gets lost in the mix when you throw in the mids and high tones. Maybe think about a 4x10 cab??

Mine just recently got stolen, and I miss it. I went with an ampeg 4x10 hlf cab this time, and it's way better for the bass lines. Lows still boom, mids and highs cut through really nice.

500 watts out of your trace is going to blow your drummers head off!! Have fun!
Quote by oceanoasis
I had a Trace SM715 combo for a while. I think it was 300 watts or so, but it was loud! 1 15 inch speaker and 7 band eq. Drowned out everyone on half volume. I loved it! Great for rock, great for metal!

Don't expect much out of your mids and highs though, with that 15" speaker. I fiddled and tweaked, but always found the lows really pump out well, but it all gets lost in the mix when you throw in the mids and high tones. Maybe think about a 4x10 cab??

Mine just recently got stolen, and I miss it. I went with an ampeg 4x10 hlf cab this time, and it's way better for the bass lines. Lows still boom, mids and highs cut through really nice.

500 watts out of your trace is going to blow your drummers head off!! Have fun!

Damn! got stolen! Thats gay, how much was your combo when you bought it?