Does anybody know how to play Nobody Wierd Like Me by RHCP? I can't figure out the technique to play the triplets. It is on the Mother's Milk CD if you want to help me out.
TBK ||RIP
BBAS||RIP
50RR||RIP
AO|| RIP
WMW||RIP
SF||RIP
SMB||RIP
TS||RIP

HYW
It's just a speedy slap technique. Start off slow, then speed it up.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
I heard someone say something about tripple popping with the pointer, middle, and ring finger? Is that a good way to do it? I'm not at my bass right now but I would try it if I could.
TBK ||RIP
BBAS||RIP
50RR||RIP
AO|| RIP
WMW||RIP
SF||RIP
SMB||RIP
TS||RIP

HYW
That's a really overly-complicated way of doing it, and you'll probably end up hurting yourself doing that I would just keep playing it slow, despite how boring it is, and speed it up slowly. It'll take time, but everything worth anything does :P
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Just keep it to slapping the A string, and popping the G with one finger. It makes it so much easier.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
A great song, and not as hard as it might seem. It does just take practice.
The way I do it is... barre the A/D/G across the 5th fret with my 1st finger, and use my 3rd to make the high D pops. That's the basic pattern for the riff - it's the same for the rising bits.
The little fill for after the riff is a little Amin run. From the 2nd fret on G down, it goes - A G E, G E D, E D C, E. Use open strings where necessary - it's how The Man does it.
To be fair, that's from memory without a bass to hand, or Mother's Milk. So I could be wrong.
Hope that helps. I could knock together a tab, or put an mp3 of the bare bassline up, if it would help.
Just need to revise on the solo...

EDIT: You might want to practice popping with 2 fingers in sequence. That's how I get the C-D pops going quick enough, and it's handy for Coffee Shop too.

EDIT #2: Correction.
Last edited by creepingjesus73 at May 20, 2008,