Page 1 of 3
I noticed that my seniors in highschool are smoking out in the school bathroom, gas stations, and even surprisingly in open-public space. Of course majority of them are under 18 which concludes that they are underage. Why the hell aren't the schools doing anything about it ? Does this mean it is alright to smoke even if you're underage? or is it just my school that doesn't care?
Good point.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Schools don't seem to care much anymore.

But the schools are basically powerless, and if the parents are ok with the kids smoking, they can only stop them smoking on school property.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Punishment at my school is castration by sharp spoons .

You guys have it easy.
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

Quote by Neillya1

You guys have it easy.

Punishment at my school was castration with blunt spoons.

YOU have it easy.

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
If its in the UK i thought it was just illegal to buy cigarettes under 18?
At my old school we were aloud to smoke outside as long as we weren't on school property otherwise they would call the cops on us, so everyone would smoke on the sidewalk right out front of the school to avoid getting in trouble.
well, the school is powerless to do anything at gas stations or open public places that aren't on school property, also smoking probably isn't particularly high on their rule enforcement priority list.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
At my high school there was a designated line at which they were no longer on school property, so the school could not punish them for it.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
They don't try to stop them because its a waste oif energy. You can't stop them smoking as much as you can stop the tides. Every school has a group of kids who smoke almost entirely because they're not supposed to. The more you try to enforce it, the more likely they are to want to keep doing it.
Last edited by rizo299 at May 20, 2008,
At the school here, all the smokers hafta leave school property before they smoke. But as soon as they're off the steps of the school EVERYONE lights up. School can't do anything about it.

I'm sure it depends on the laws of the state. I think the law in Massachusetts is that it's illegal is buy cigarettes if you're under 18. If you have them, you can smoke them I think..
Quote by Neillya1

You guys have it easy.

Catholic?
Quote by rizo299
They don't try to stop them because its a waste oif energy. You can't stop them smoking as much as you can stop the tides. Every school has s group of kids who smoke almost entirely because they're not supposed to. The more you try to enforce it, the more likely they are to want to keep doing it.

In that case, natural selection should deal with it.
In the bathroom? Idiots. Smoking in school was unbelievably easy to get away with so long as you're not inside and you're somewhere that hall monitors aren't going to go.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
you forget that it is LEGAL to smoke after the age of 16.

Its just ILLEGAL to SELL to people below the age of 18.

If you get served, its legal to smoke them.

Our college just enforces that people smoke OFF the college grounds. Smokers can stand on the road, but arent allowed to stand even just on the inside of the gate lol.
Quote by mustaineNslash
Catholic?

No, state.
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

no, they don't care unless it's just infront of someone.
Yesterday a gay met up stoned and drunk (not lying, I was there when he smoked/drank, I didn't do anything though. I almost never drink. I hate beer. And smoke. + it's unhealthy).
So he came to class, totally wasted and stuff, and the two teachers (one for each lesson) didn't really say anything to it.
But haven't got any response to it yet, today was exam, so idk.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
The college I went to had a smoking area, but that was before the new ban came in so I dunno if that's still allowed. Schools can't do much; if anything it's your parents' responsibility. Your school is more concerned with things like truancy, because it affects grades and therefore their pay, whereas smoking on its own won't. Smoking in gas stations is probably unwise.
It's only illegal for under-18s to BUY tobacco products. Anyone can smoke it.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
if you are in the UK, smoking in the school is illegal due to the "no smoking in enclosed public spaces law"

our school cracks down on it, but when that law came in they were just like "PLEASE stop smoking, or we will get fined and become an even ****ter school"

I school ****ing blows. Im so glad I only have two days left of compulsory education.
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
Yer UK is cool Used to be 16 to buy them, any age to smoke them (but could still get them taken off you if under 16). Now its 18 to buy them, but still get them taken off you.
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
This has been said before but ill back it up

Legal to smoke just not to buy/sell to (please note smile is not becuase i smoke just becuase i answered the question)((i dont smoke))

Just like Alcohol illegal to sell to but legal to drink

I found this out a little while ago anyone caught selling Alcohol to an underage person gets fined £20,000 :/ and thats to the person not the place they are selling from.
SIG
There's nothing to do about it. If they would take action, it wouldn't have long term effect. The guys will turn 18 anyway, and proceed with smoking.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Quote by Fleabag
Schools don't seem to care much anymore.

But the schools are basically powerless, and if the parents are ok with the kids smoking, they can only stop them smoking on school property.

I agree with this.

school's can't do anything about it unless it's on their property really.
Quote by strider_hein
has many issues, you are a god!

Quote by they're red hot
Has Many Issues,
I worship and adore you.
Quote by -February-Star-
It's only illegal for under-18s to BUY tobacco products. Anyone can smoke it.

In the united states, you are wrong. Tobacco tickets are issued to anyone under the age of 18 in possession of tobacco in any form (except for all those native american ritual exceptions).

My school, has a smoking lounge.
Quote by Axeight
In the united states, you are wrong. Tobacco tickets are issued to anyone under the age of 18 in possession of tobacco in any form (except for all those native american ritual exceptions).

Lol @ America.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by kingjiyoon
I noticed that my seniors in highschool are smoking out in the school bathroom, gas stations, and even surprisingly in open-public space. Of course majority of them are under 18 which concludes that they are underage. Why the hell aren't the schools doing anything about it ? Does this mean it is alright to smoke even if you're underage? or is it just my school that doesn't care?

It isn't illegal to smoke under 18 noob, it's only illegal to buy them under 18.

Don't argue, look up the law.
Who cares.

They shouldn't smoke in the gas station though. That can cause 'splosions.
Quote by Axeight

My school, has a smoking lounge.

Uh no. I've worked at places that sell tobacco, you're wrong. I've spoken with police officers and looked up the law.

You may get a ticket for smoking in a non-smoking area or in a public area that is considered smoke-free, but not for being under 18.
Quote by CobbZ
you forget that it is LEGAL to smoke after the age of 16.

Its just ILLEGAL to SELL to people below the age of 18.

If you get served, its legal to smoke them.

Our college just enforces that people smoke OFF the college grounds. Smokers can stand on the road, but arent allowed to stand even just on the inside of the gate lol.

So right.....

E-married to no one
My Name is MaryJane
Pokemon Black FC: 3310-5005-8816

Quote by Kumanji
Honestly, I know where Alabama is and I suppose that explains your deeply striking looks...
i lite up outside behind the school all the time...
...never been caught.
i dont think it should bother u that they smoke, and the school should have nothing to do with it.
Kids in my area dont smoke they chew tobacco...

PLAY BALL!!!!!!!
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I wouldn't be friends with him after that whole text messege thing... not because he's a a cheater but because he's a text-messeger
Page 1 of 3