I'm looking for an audio interface that I can mic my amp into and record via (mini)firewire to my windows laptop.
I have a bugera 6262 and a Avatar 4x12 incase you wanted to know.
My budget is around $500.
I was looking at the motu ultralight but i heard it is bad for windows and laptops firewire ports especially.
presonus fp10 (formerly "firepod", $400) OR presonus firestudio ($500)
Guitar & Bass
Quote by Hosscat
presonus fp10 (formerly "firepod", $400) OR presonus firestudio ($500)

i agree 100%

my firepod works wonders. my friend Shawn works at Presonus here in Baton Rouge,LA and i got a big discount on it and a few other recording gadgets.

but yes presonus is the way to go. Firepod
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Digidesign MBox 2..... AND you get ProTools
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Wanna hook me up with a PreSonus discount!?
ahaha.
but seriously, to you PreSonus guys, are you running it perfectly fine on Windows XP laptops via firewire?

And, do you have any clips?
download audacity - its free recording software. its pretty much protools for windows. i did that + i just used the mic input on my computer and my home stereo for monitors. it works great!
gear:
Gibson SG Cherrywood finish
BC Rich Mockingbird 5 piece maple body with Neck-Thru
Hammer Californian Quiltop
some old Stagg bass
Modded GCB-95F crybaby
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fab Flange
Crate 1x12 65 watt 3-channel amp
Quote by Bushor2011
download audacity - its free recording software. its pretty much protools for windows. i did that + i just used the mic input on my computer and my home stereo for monitors. it works great!

Erm, no, to be blunt.

I second or third or whatever the firepod. I have one running on Vista and it works perfectly. It's still predominantly designed for XP I believe so it'll definatly work, and you get Cubase LE with it I think. You used to anyway.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Bushor2011

wow.... i'm not gonna lie, but this is the worst possible suggestion for recording stuff I have seen in a long time....

protools for windows?? wtf??

I am running protools on windows....

home stereo as monitors???

maybe for post mastering, but not as active monitors....your mixes would be so un-true.....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by xJawsh
Wanna hook me up with a PreSonus discount!?
ahaha.
but seriously, to you PreSonus guys, are you running it perfectly fine on Windows XP laptops via firewire?

And, do you have any clips?

i wish i could man..haha

yeah it runs fine on my PC with XP. i heard people having problems with it when using Vista. i use the PC strickly for recording. haven't put it on a laptop yet

and one good thing about is that it is so simple to use, i have the original Firepod, i think its called the FP10 now. has 8 preamp inputs on it. runs very well. and you get Cubase software with it, which is easy to use as well.

and i would have some recording clips, but my band is in the process of getting signed by Unable records and part of the deal was that we can't upload anything on the internet until we are signed completley. and i want to so bad cause we have 3 new recordings that sound super sweet using the firepod and software( will sound better when we record the new record) and we can't sell them or anything yet. SUCKS!
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Last edited by AndyRevenge at May 20, 2008,