Page 1 of 2
Well I saw this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=r9ItMXwl98I
and I was thinking "wow look how huge these animals are" and then I saw the elephant at 1:18 and I felt really bad. I'm NOT a vegetarian or with peta but I think poaching is wrong and most of these animals were killed and sold just for ONE body part and the rest gets thrown away.
Thoughts?
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Quote by rigiddigits
Of course it's wrong. Humans don't have the right to kill animals for fun under any circumstances.

Says who?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Trophy hunting is completely pointless.

"Look I can hide in the bushes and shoot something from the shadows lol"
Quote by Kensai
Says who?

Right, sorry. I meant in my opinion. I don't believe living things should be killed for no good reason, therefore I think that hunting them for sport is unjustifiable because it isn't good enough. I understand that not everybody has this particular intuition.
yeah things like ivory hunting are kinda stupid, crap one of those elephant carcasses could probably feed a group of starving african children from like 2 or three months.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah things like ivory hunting are kinda stupid, crap one of those elephant carcasses could probably feed a group of starving african children from like 2 or three months.

Maybe African children should learn to hunt elephants.

What happened to good ol` natural selection? No one feels bad for Cro-Magnon man.
If people want to wipe animals out they should at least do it with their bare hands. If a guy can wrestle a lion and win at least he'd be somewhat worthy of taking the beast's life
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
Quote by homair
If people want to wipe animals out they should at least do it with their bare hands. If a guy can wrestle a lion and win at least he'd be somewhat worthy of taking the beast's life

I actually kinda agree with this.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Quote by denizenz
What happened to good ol` natural selection?

It's not really natural if you've got a rifle.
Quote by rigiddigits
It's not really natural if you've got a rifle.

I was talking about the Africans

It still is natural selection. We're intelligent enough to design tools...

Also, everything within the universe is part of nature.
Yea, killing big animals is stupid. Baby seal clubbing is where it's at.
Quote by Vermintide
I love getting hit in the balls.

Sometimes, I masturbate while imagining my girlfriend is ramming her knee up into my precious orbs. It turns me on so much.

Actually, that's not true. I don't have a girlfriend
They shoould kill the elephants and then give the meat to the starving africans. Man im a genius!!!
This is all cause of one thing: Money
too bad people are too ****ing greedy to care for the other inhabitants of the Earth...
Last edited by InkJunkie at May 20, 2008,
Quote by M.O.P

I actually kinda agree with this.

So you should, although, the only men capable of such a feat are the mythical men from the days of yore. I'm talkin' Hercules and Samson. Alas, those days are gone and with them the era of real men

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
Quote by homair
So you should, although, the only men capable of such a feat are the mythical men from the days of yore. I'm talkin' Hercules and Samson. Alas, those days are gone and with them the era of real men

I disagree. Lions possess great natural strength as well as teeth and claws. Humans possess superior intellect, and the ability to design and wield tools.

We both use our natural abilities...
Quote by denizenz

It's not exactly an equal match. Lions don't venture into cities and pick off humans. Why would anyone want to make something suffer when they could just as easily have left it alone? Non-human animals hunt because it's a natural instinct - they need food to survive; humans hunt for fun alongside intensively farming animals to eat. It's not the same thing.
Quote by rigiddigits
It's not exactly an equal match.

No one ever said life was fair.

Lions don't venture into cities and pick off humans. Why would anyone want to make something suffer when they could just as easily have left it alone? Non-human animals hunt because it's a natural instinct - they need food to survive; humans hunt for fun alongside intensively farming animals to eat. It's not the same thing.

I wasn't really trying to compare the motivations, merely the methods. We use the methods at our disposal just as other animals do.

I'm not going to debate the morality of the issue with you. I see no problem with killing and eating animals or raising them for food or other products. It's a shame that people are wasteful, but I don't believe it's immoral.
Quote by denizenz
I disagree. Lions possess great natural strength as well as teeth and claws. Humans possess superior intellect, and the ability to design and wield tools.

Hmmm you've got me there but if you had the strength and power wouldn't you love to don a loin cloth and wrestle a lion mano a mano?

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
It's assholes like these and the animal testing labs and all that other BS that are the reason I support the ALF.
Quote by rigiddigits
Right, sorry. I meant in my opinion. I don't believe living things should be killed for no good reason, therefore I think that hunting them for sport is unjustifiable because it isn't good enough. I understand that not everybody has this particular intuition.

Well I don't think hunting for fun is good either, but because:

1) Either you hunt with your bare hands, or you don't hunt at all, you big wuss.
2) I like to take pictures of animals.

Quote by denizenz
What happened to good ol` natural selection? No one feels bad for Cro-Magnon man.

I do

Especially the cavepaintings. Oh sweet Ugn-tok, how I will miss your broad artistic vision.
Quote by Aramis
It's assholes like these and the animal testing labs and all that other BS that are the reason I support the ALF.

If you oppose animal testing, you should either volunteer or STFU. Human lives > animal lives.

Quote by Kensai

I do

Especially the cavepaintings. Oh sweet Ugn-tok, how I will miss your broad artistic vision.

I hope Ugn-tok was a cave woman.
Quote by denizenz
If you oppose animal testing, you should either volunteer or STFU. Human lives > animal lives.

I can understand it for medicines. I cannot understand it for pharmaceuticals or shit like that.
Quote by denizenz

I don't see how it matters.

(it's clearly a man's name)

Quote by Aramis
I can understand it for medicines. I cannot understand it for pharmaceuticals or shit like that.

Quote by Aramis

Actually, animal testig is incredibly important froma medical viewpoint. Environment makes a huge amount of difference in how something behaves. Lab testing only goes so far. People get enraged when human volunteers for testing die, because something goes wrong. Without animal testing, this would be an everyday thing.

However, hunting for sport (as opposed to hunting for food) is stupid. As people said, some of the animals in that video are pretty rare. The last thing they need is some bored, rich person with a rifle to go kill one for a photo on the mantlepiece.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Controlled hunting is necessary to control the animal population. If as many animals are killed as are produced (male animals being the main targets) then it's okay.

If there wasn't controlled hunting, then alot more crops would be destroyed by the overflow of animals and the animals would be a threat to their own existence during times of the year where food is scarce.
That is so incredibly fucked.

However, fuck the ALF and PETA.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by denizenz

Humans are animals..
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
I do not support the killing of animals for sport, although I'm not sure it'll ever die out. It'd make more sense if it was for more than one purpose, and the animal carcasses would be used to the full, but killing for 'trophies' is a horrible thing.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by denizenz
Maybe African children should learn to hunt elephants.

Yeah I don't, that guy was a douche. He never cleaned out the lint filter after drying his clothes. Worst. Roommate. Evar.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Yeah I don't, that guy was a douche. He never cleaned out the lint filter after drying his clothes. Worst. Roommate. Evar.

I wish I was cool enough to have roomed with Cro-Magnon man. Apperently he spends his nights with Kensai now. Whatever.
Quote by denizenz
I was talking about the Africans

It still is natural selection. We're intelligent enough to design tools...

Also, everything within the universe is part of nature.

wow are you seriously racist?

duno if your being serious or not but you just sound like a Nazi, bangin on about natural selection and therefore the inferiority of peoples
Quote by imthehitcher
wow are you seriously racist?

No.

duno if your being serious or not

Not really.

but you just sound like a Nazi, bangin on about natural selection and therefore the inferiority of peoples

I didn't invent the theory...
Page 1 of 2