OK, i'm trying to something different with my guitar playing (aren't we all?). Right now, i'm working on developing my techniques, but I also want to try to get some unusual/unique sounds. However, i don't have a budget to go out and get odd guitars, odd amps, effects, etc. i also dont have the time/budget/will to physically modify my guitars with phase switches etc. (who is going to willingly put a drill to there fender american deluxe strat?)

So here's my question:

what are some either cheap/free ways to get interesting sounds out of a guitar? I have a spider III, so i might not have incredible tone, but I do have versatility. I am working on messing with the EQ, drive, effects, etc, so please don't flame me for not working for myself. it just seems like i can't seem to break out of my traditional blues crunch/modern rock settings.

Maybe i just need to force myself to play on settings that i dont necessarily like in order to create something that i do like from it? idk

anyway, i was just looking from suggestions from outside sources. thanks for you're help.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
You should look up some Tom Morello stuff on youtube, he does crazy solos like that.
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
killswitch, you can do some really cool things with those...
Gear:
Gibson les paul Studio faded, modded Buckethead style (killswitch, 1 tone, 1 vol)
Taylor Big Baby 306-GB
Modded Cort KX-5, runaway (neck) and warthog (bridge)
Laney VC-15
Digitech Bad Monkey, EH Big Muff, crybaby JH-1
Quote by Octavianus
killswitch, you can do some really cool things with those...

yea, i've thot about something like that before, except, as i said, i'm not too wild about the idea of drilling into my strat. I am kinda considering doing something to my jetking
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by Esparko

O_O wwwwwooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
a variable speed vibrator, about $10 at any sex shop, you can get e-bow type sounds and weird whirring noises, also you can get some cool effects if you use it as a slide.

Just a tip for this, only use it for guitar playing, as vaginal fluid tends to corrode guitar strings very quickly. so keep it away from your girlfriend.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Tremolo plus heavy delay....if you have a square wave tremolo.....
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by bored_maniac33
yea, i've thot about something like that before, except, as i said, i'm not too wild about the idea of drilling into my strat. I am kinda considering doing something to my jetking

don't drill a hole, take one of the tone knobs out instead.

You may have to do a little fileing if the size of the switch you buy is wrong or something..
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)