[I failed so it has to be re-done] and I brought in my guitar and explained the parts, after which I listed the so-called "landmark guitarists" such as Slash, Angus Young... etc.
Last edited by Son.Of.TheViper at May 20, 2008,
bring your guitar in and explain different types of styles of playing, explain the parts of the guitar, and lastly explain some of your fav. guitarists
Quote by masterk1818
bring your guitar in and explain different types of styles of playing, explain the parts of the guitar, and lastly explain some of your fav. guitarists
[and got a D+ ] and I did those things =(.

Still thanks for your input
Play a riff or something as an example.
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
I did the same thing for mine, got a B for it. All I did was talk about why I play guitar, what I play, other similar styles to mine etc. Didn't really explain too much of the technical side, people get bored otherwise. Thing you have to remember about GCSE presentation is that you're marked on your ability to hold peoples attention, so don't bombard them with facts. Talk with your hands and body language, show some slides on a Powerpoint presentation, that sort of thing.
Quote by treflip
I did the same thing for mine, got a B for it. All I did was talk about why I play guitar, what I play, other similar styles to mine etc. Didn't really explain too much of the technical side, people get bored otherwise. Thing you have to remember about GCSE presentation is that you're marked on your ability to hold peoples attention, so don't bombard them with facts. Talk with your hands and body language, show some slides on a Powerpoint presentation, that sort of thing.

Thanks man, I'll... well more or less copy you...
i did james hetfield....

just seem at ease, dont be too informal and speak clearly.....

if all else fails, seranade the examiner....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb