So I've just been thinking, at the moment I own an Ashdown Mag (the 210 combo) and I always thought I'll just get the 15" extension cab to get the full wattage.

However, I understand that more speakers can also have a large effect on your volume so I thought of getting the 410 extension cab to add onto it (it's 8 ohms, 350 watts handling so it could technically work)

This would give me a 6x10 cab (which I don't think is too common). I'm aware I may be sacrificing low end clarity but it's not too different from say an 8x10.

What are some of your opinions on this? Would you get the 4x10 or the 1x15?? Is there any reason why it's a bad idea? Is it even worth running 300 watts through a 6x10?

Since it might be a little unorthadox I thought I'd ask.
I'd go with the 15". They still push a lot of air.

And just so you know, Warwick do a 6 x 10" cab with a tweeter.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I read somewhere that due to the nature of 15 inch speakers, they require more power to reach the same volume as a 10 inch speaker per say.

So if you get the 4x10, it'll sound louder at the same output but it won't have the low end tonal qualities of the 15.

Your call but tbh, you'll be getting upto 300W so I doubt volume is a matter.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
I really dont think it takes more power to run a 15", i think it is about projection of the sound.

What are your goals on getting the new cab? What do you think you will get by getting a new cab?
'85 Fender Reissue '75 Jazz Bass ---> Ashdown MAG300h
Schecter C/SH-1 ---> Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by Phishead42
I really dont think it takes more power to run a 15", i think it is about projection of the sound.

What are your goals on getting the new cab? What do you think you will get by getting a new cab?

The full wattage of the head mostly, I thought with a 410 the sound would be more projected because of the increase in speakers. gm jack made a good point though, the 15 is still going to be pushing alot of air.

It was just a thought, and possibly slightly better than getting the 15, although I doubt it would cover the extra £70 for the 410...hmmm
More 10" speakers will provide more punch, as it will accent your mids more.

A 15" will round out your tone, and give you a nice heavy low end.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
I'd go with the 15". They still push a lot of air.

And just so you know, Warwick do a 6 x 10" cab with a tweeter.

Ampeg do too, and I think Mesa might.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
I thought Ampeg only did an 810?

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by dancesisidance
Ampeg do too, and I think Mesa might.

Yessir, they both do.

TS: I'd personally go with the 1x15", but that's my taste. Ask mountaindew88 what he thinks of his 6x10". You'd be much better off with a 2 or 4x12" but those are harder to find and generally more expensive.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Ampeg does a six ten, bergantino does, schroeder does, a lot of very popular cab makers do.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*