Okay, first off, let me start of by saying that this is NOT a Versus thread, and that I'm not flaming one type of Pedal Board.

So, As my Effect chain has been dropping own to nearly nothing (Check my blog to see what it used to be) I have been kind of enjoying only having a few small pedals instead of a multitude, or a multi-effects. It saves space, and why have a pedal you rarely use at all?

I once used to strive to have EVERY crazy, wacky effects pedal known to man, but now it just seems like it would be a waste.

Is there something wrong with me, or are there other UG'ers in here who agree?
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
I go through phases of using my entire pedalboard for cool sounds and experimenting, but often I get tired of it and just plug straight into the amp.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
^ i do the same thing
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
I'd like a smaller pedal board, because mine is too big and just gets annoying to cart around all the time. But, I don't want to get rid of any of the pedals, they're too much fun.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
It all depends on what you're into. I personally like being able to come up with different sounds so that's why this is my setup:

Fender Standard Tele MIM or Epiphone Les Paul Silverburst > Digitech Whammy > Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah > Rocktron Banshee Talkbox > Line 6 PODX3 Live > Peavey pa system.

I'll admit i don't use all of it every time but i like having it all at my disposition whenever i need it.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by colin617
I just cut my board down to four pedals and I'm loving it.

I could probably cut down to Distortion, Phaser, Wah, and Delay but that's not as fun
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Pedals are great fun to muck around with and i love recording with them

But when it coems to playing live i prefer a more organic kind of sound
I usually use all my pedals. if i'm taking something to a gig or a rehersal and don't think i'll use it, i don't take it with me.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
You've seen my pedalboard right ?
Well its a small one , but its compact and I dont like many effects , just the basis.
I even get tired of it and just play straight into the amp , thats actuelly the only sound you need
I intend to build a relatively small pedalboard, 4 or 5 pedals. You know, just the basics.
You guys are so lucky. I don't have enough pedals to cut down on. I have 5, so I can't really make that much smaller. I suppose I could take my DS-1 out, considering I don't use it at all, but that's really all I could cut, due to the fact I use everything else.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
My pedal board consists of, Line Six DL4, Boss CS-3, Marshall Bluesbreaker MK1, Marshall Drivemaster, Boss ME50, Sovtek Big Muff, Dunlop Classic Wah.

I might not use all of them that much, infact, I don't use the Drivemaster much, mainly because it doesn't blend with my pickups very well and sounds very sterile. But I digress, the point is, the pedals are there if I NEED them, and it allows me to change the sound as I please.