well basically, just got a fender telecaster, but it has a 6 saddle bridge, which looks ok but ideally i'd like to install one of the older style ones, seen on the amercan vinatge models

but all i wanted to know is how much would this affect the sound, because i'm doing it for purely cosmetic reasons, but i dont wan to risk loosing the sound quality or anything

cheers for any input
umm i think it affects sustain of the string vibration, but i'm not sure if changing it to older vintage style ones is better or worse for it, either way, it doesnt matter that much, since either way it's not a huge difference i dont think

BTW what telecaster is it?
The original(vintage) style bridge played a huge part in the signature tele sound, so yes it will affect the tone. The old 3 saddle bridge is what gave the tele its spanky and punchy tone.

That being said, I could be wrong about after market installations because I don't know if the 6 saddle and 3 saddle bridges are interchangeable without any modification.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
3 saddle bridges are harder to intonate.

you cant move the string pairs independent of each other.

so if you can live without exact tuning on each string then ur fine.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
3 saddle bridges are harder to intonate.

you cant move the string pairs independent of each other.

so if you can live without exact tuning on each string then ur fine.

Compensated bridge saddles (I think Wilkinson do some) can solve that.

And i was going to replace my 6 saddle bridge with a 3, but when i took it to a guitar tech, he said it wouldnt be that easy a job, as the screw spacing was different between the bridges, so I decided against it. However I play an 80s Tokai Tele so im not sure if a modern fender one will be different.
well it's a fender mexican standard so pretty basic
but i jsut like the look of th eolder style, might take it down my local gutiar shop and see if its possible, for pictures the screws look t be in pretty similar possitions, but thats only a rough estimate
Callaham guitar parts makes a replacement bridge for the Mexican Tele. You can either order it with slanted or compensated saddles.