So i've been listening and listening looking for the tone I really want. I've come to a conclusion: old school Metallica. My current amp is "good" for metal, but I can't seem to get that sound out of it.

The sound I'm looking for is the type of sound on And Justice (song), Battery, Ride the Lightning (song), and other assorted songs from And Justice, Ride the Lightning, and Puppets.

So what amps ($700 or so, or under) will do it? I was thinking maybe one of the new Bugera amps.
Hmmm do you want to buy a tube amp? Maybe sum Pedals would do your job..
And don't forget that Metallica uses EMGs, wich change the sound, too =)
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Yeah, my current amp and also the Bugera are both tube.

If I wait another year I could get something crazy like a Mesa or something, but i'd have to find some good metal settings on this amp.
Quote by HeartRaz0r
Hmmm do you want to buy a tube amp? Maybe sum Pedals would do your job..
And don't forget that Metallica uses EMGs, wich change the sound, too =)

He already has a tube amp

ULTIMATE SETTINGS THREAD.
Done
Quote by Highwaytohell
He already has a tube amp

ULTIMATE SETTINGS THREAD.
Done

He's right... ultimate settings thread would do your work better... =)
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
get emg's, and scoop your mids......manage the gain to your liking. that's pretty much all they ever did.

Check out my band! Endeavor

Fender American Deluxe Telecaster (little 59')
Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Sennheiser EW 172 Wireless
Carvin 6 space rack
Settings thread is kinda pointless considering amps sound different, and I have an EQ pedal.
Kill Em All and RTL they used modded Marshall heads.

From then until Load they used Mesa Mark III C+ (I think) and on Load and Reload it was a Triaxis preamp into some Mesa Poweramp. Then on St Anger it was Rectos.

Google Metallica Encyclopedia for really detailed info.
if you want to do a little saving, instead of buying a mesa just get the new randall kirk hammett sig. amp. i'm pretty sure that will get you the metallica tone
Marshall JMP45 with a tubescreamer and scoop the mids completely for Ride the Lightning.

Best Metallica album ever imo
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
You can find Mesa Mark III heads for about $700 if you're lucky. They will give you a near metallica sound.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by TJM2482
Looked at the JMP series on ebay, over $1k for the head
Ack :/
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia