i mainly use for playing in the church, so i need an amp instead of just pluggin in to the system. would i need an accoustic amp or just any old regular amp is fine?
good luck getting the mix right with you using just an amp and every one else in house pa.
and yes blond makes some very good amps i would deffinitly get an acoustic amp versus an electric or tube amp. fender acoustisonic amp is another one that is decent and has a line out for the house pa so you can use it as a personall monitor and be able to adjust the sound going into the pa incase you have a soundman that likes to drown out the guitar in favor of organs and pianos and such.
You will most likely need an acoustic amp. I'm as lost as you at brands, but I know that you basically need an acoustic amp. Electric amps or any other amps will take forever to get the right tone, and it will still probably not be too good.
Quote by brett_benjamin
strawberry blonde, with curls

thats a brand?
I've had a fair bit of time on a Marshall AS100D. They are a lot of fun to play with and I could easily get some decent tones out of it.
I like using a roland KC 550 keyboard amp better than any acoustic amp I've found (actually, I use a KC500 but the 550 is the newer model of the same amp). It's got very even responce and is much better at giving you a full bass responce that doesn't overwhelm. Acoustic amps tend to make the low notes sound boxy and overbearing.
Not taking any online orders.
try peavey ecoustic 112 efx acoustic combo... i know peavey makes good amps from electric guitars to acoustic ones.. i've used one too in a music shop here and it's really good.. lokks good.. sounds good.. good price..
r they more expensive then electric guitar amps? i cant find one below 300$
Quote by dubstar92
plugging acoustic into electric amp will **** evrything up

nope..not really..
as long as you tweak the amp settings till you get your desired tone.. like less highs and more lows.. our church just recentl bought an amp.. it's an ibanez 65-watt amp, i think.. it's loud enough to be heard in the whole church.. it's an electric guitar amp but i plug it in my acoustic.. sounds good to me.. well i also plug my guitar to the church PA which makes it even better..

acoustic amps generally cost more..
Quote by dubstar92
plugging acoustic into electric amp will **** evrything up

like delta said... no, it definitely wont.

If you use a solid state electric guitar amp then the sound of the acoustic coming out of it should still be pretty good. even when cranked.

If you use a tube amp then at higher levels you may start getting some distortion.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
i find that plugging directly into a studio monitor speaker works awesome, no coloration, pure acoustic sound
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by twinturboaudi
i find that plugging directly into a studio monitor speaker works awesome, no coloration, pure acoustic sound

yup.. i agree.. i also do that most of the time in our church.. i think becasue the speakers are generic and not made primarily fo electric guitars.. that's why anything would work relatively fine on it.. just plain input and output..