hi there im the owner of a peavey valve king 2x12 and over the past month or 2 ive been battling to find a decent tone.

i played a gig last night and used this guys fender deluxe and omg it sounds amazin, im currently strapped for cash but i was just wondering if i replaced the valves with some better ones or maybe different speakers could i improve it or is it just a waste of time.
Cheers Carl
sorry i misread that you just have to set up your EQ a little better and mess with your pickup settings
gear:
Gibson SG Cherrywood finish
BC Rich Mockingbird 5 piece maple body with Neck-Thru
Hammer Californian Quiltop
some old Stagg bass
Modded GCB-95F crybaby
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fab Flange
Crate 1x12 65 watt 3-channel amp
Quote by Bushor2011
valve king

What a great help.

What do you need? If you want cleans then you picked the wrong amp. That Fender will do it beautifully. If you want something that can also do heavier stuff then the Valveking is a good budget option. They sound OK stock but can sound pretty awesome with new tubes and speaker. I would go with some JJ 6l6's with Mullard 12ax7's and an Eminence Legend for a speaker.
i have the fender deluxe, it really is an amazing amp i played the valveking and i didn't care for the tone even when messing with the texture control knob
well ive played with EQ for days on end and still cant get the tone im looking for but when i played the fender it was easy to get the tone i wanted practically straight away, real nice and warm.
Carl
Quote by masterk1818
i have the fender deluxe, it really is an amazing amp i played the valveking and i didn't care for the tone even when messing with the texture control knob

also an owner. out of all the amps i have been through this is still my favorite.
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by acdcrocks0323
What a great help.

What do you need? If you want cleans then you picked the wrong amp. That Fender will do it beautifully. If you want something that can also do heavier stuff then the Valveking is a good budget option. They sound OK stock but can sound pretty awesome with new tubes and speaker. I would go with some JJ 6l6's with Mullard 12ax7's and an Eminence Legend for a speaker.

well i guess i made a big mistake haha i do play some heavier stuff that why i opted for the valveking but im pretty much steering away from that sorta stuff now and im left disappointed with this amp, really looking for some hendrix and john mayer tones.
Carl
buy an eq and a fuzz pedal?
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
Quote by Carl_Martin
well i guess i made a big mistake haha i do play some heavier stuff that why i opted for the valveking but im pretty much steering away from that sorta stuff now and im left disappointed with this amp, really looking for some hendrix and john mayer tones.
Carl

The Fender would so a much better job for what you need.
any one wanna buy a valveking?haha joke.
yeah i think im going to give up on the thing and try get money for a fender.
Carl