i changed my strings today and i put on a set of elixers, i have been playin for about 4 or 5 years so i know how to properly change a string, anyway, i was tuning up about 4 hours after i had changed them and all the other strings were tuned and i got the the high e and it wouldn't tune and then all of a sudden it shot out of the tuning peg, i have a Fender Deluxe Player strat, this has never happen before and its the first time i've had elixers on, i was wondering if anyone else had this problem or if it was jsut a bad string
Gear

Guitars - Fender Deluxe Player Strat, Squier Affinity Strat, Ibanez TCM - 50

Amps - Fender Blues Deluxe

Effects - Boss ME-50

Other - Banjo

Jazz Is not music, Its a way of life
Probably just a bad string...don't buy another set of elixirs to replace it, the high strings are just plain steel. You won't notice a difference if you just get Ernie Balls or DR or whatever's cheapest.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Probably just a bad string...don't buy another set of elixirs to replace it, the high strings are just plain steel. You won't notice a difference if you just get Ernie Balls or DR or whatever's cheapest.

There's a difference between elixers and dr ...
Despite giving us your guitar playing life story, I think it's user error.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
^^ I think hes right ^^
that happened my first time i put d'addarios on mine
'85 Fender Reissue '75 Jazz Bass ---> Ashdown MAG300h
Schecter C/SH-1 ---> Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
you probably wound it a bit wrong in the tuning peg, also being a deluxe strat owner i know the pegs are like a basses and the strings can sometimes pop out if your not careful when youre putting them on. also when youre putting one on make sure you cut quite a bit off cause otherwise there is FAR too much wrapped round the peg an this could also cause it to become loose.
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
Use periods. My brain hurts after reading that, and I don't know what you were saying.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!