Oh man....

Alright, so. I am starting college in the fall and later hope to medical school, and even later I hope to become a surgeon, more specifically one that deals with transhumanism.

I have no problem with most gore, and im sure that I will be desensitized even more for it as I go along, but just last night I came across some NASTY ASS THINGS that are making me rethink this path. What are some things that you think I would be able to pursue? I wanna stay within the science/technology/defense areas. Thanks!
Just train on desensitizing yourself. You can start at rotten.com and later you could move on to 4chan.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Genetics would be something to look into if you wana stay in the science area..

or maybe a Dentist... they earn a lot of money too..
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Kanthras
Just train on desensitizing yourself. You can start at rotten.com and later you could move on to 4chan.

None of that stuff bothers me. I used to go on ogrish, rotten, and 4chan. The things that really bug me are fat people id have to cut open, and ulcers cuz they smell weird

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Genetics would be something to look into if you wana stay in the science area..

or maybe a Dentist... they earn a lot of money too..

Genetics is pretty interesting, I am gonna look into that! But its not really about the money, otherwise I would suck it up and just be a surgeon LOL
Nosepegs ftw. And just think of the fat person as a nice juicy stake. But no licking
Bristol Rovers

Up the Gas!

Please, call me Joe.
just watch surgeries on TLC
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Gynecologist.

Then you can have an excuse to take your guitar to work and sing "Dr. Stephen" by Stephen Lynch to your patients, except it'll be "Dr. 'lonso".

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by insideac
None of that stuff bothers me. I used to go on ogrish, rotten, and 4chan. The things that really bug me are fat people id have to cut open, and ulcers cuz they smell weird

Genetics is pretty interesting, I am gonna look into that! But its not really about the money, otherwise I would suck it up and just be a surgeon LOL

Then look at fat people getting chopped up (plastic surgeons do this), and go smell some ulcers (not sure how you could do this one (maybe stab some relatives so they get infected and smell theirs, maybe)).
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Tom Araya used to work with the clean-up process in hospitals and he turned out fine.
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
not even a little?

Well maybe a little. But under no circumstances should you finish licking and shout 'MMMMMM, SALTY'
See Ross Noble
Bristol Rovers

Up the Gas!

Please, call me Joe.
Look into BioTech.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I am studying medicine at the moment and although I believed that I was pretty densentized prior to med school, I still had my worries with dissection etc.

However, once I began anatomy and dissection, I was fine and I actually really enjoyed it. I haven't yet seen any surgeon first hand, but I feel I might be cool with it.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by daft
I am studying medicine at the moment and although I believed that I was pretty densentized prior to med school, I still had my worries with dissection etc.

However, once I began anatomy and dissection, I was fine and I actually really enjoyed it. I haven't yet seen any surgeon first hand, but I feel I might be cool with it.

How do you learn to deal with everything that could possibly go wrong?

haha.. yeah personally I wana be a hear surgeon.. but I too am very interested by Genetics.. who knows.. maybe I'll have a look at that too..

but yeah.. if its not about the money, try genetics.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by insideac

I'm not a surgeon or anything but I say just don't think about it. Think about all the good you are doing for that person and not what could possible happen if you snip the green wire instead of the red or blue.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
I haven't yet.

At the moment I have very limited responsibility so I feel that I will only start deal with the emotions and my part in them once I start as a FY1 or Junior doctor.

The university course will provide me with some help in dealing with emotions/breaking bad news/dealing with death etc but first hand experience is the only proper way to get used to it.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by insideac

Don't worry, you're going to be practicing opening bodies of dead people before opening the body of a living person. It's all about experience.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Go on, be a Fanny Doctor Gynaecologist, The Pit would support you the whole way, as long as you posted pics every now and then
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN