Poll: what should i get?
Poll Options
View poll results: what should i get?
recording studio
4 27%
good used amp
11 73%
Voters: 15.
sooo... i'm getting a summer job and i have done the math and have concluded that i will have roughly $1500 to spend. heres the dillema(SP?) i want a good used amp. but i also want a little recording studio. i'm only going to have one or the other so i need your help deciding. i really need a recording studio but i have a sh*tty spider II that i want to get rid of.

so what do you guys think i should get?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
sell the spider II and use that money to get a good used amp, and the rest on recording studio
Quote by Guitarwoody7
sell the spider II and use that money to get a good used amp, and the rest on recording studio

+1 great idea
Jackson DK2M
Fender Strat
Valveking 212
and a cheap Crate 10 watt amp

Squier Strat
Fender AcousticMusic Man amp
Quote by Guitarwoody7

I agree.

A good amp is more important than recording equipment, imho.
save some for college/car.....then use 500 or so for a used 1x12 combo amp
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
Considering the bands you're into, I suggest you get a JCM800 combo (try and find one for $900-$1000 ish tops) then use the remaining $500 or so to get a condenser mic and audio software, and the best monitors you can afford. That'll get you started with a basic studio, and you may never need another amp (unless you totally change your style).
Quote by Guitarwoody7

thats a good idea. i think i might be able to get $150 out of a naive little guitarist

Considering the bands you're into, I suggest you get a JCM800 combo (try and find one for $900-$1000 ish tops)

that would be anything hair metal along with a lot of maiden.
i dont know how that amp sounds but i'll look in to it
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Last edited by itchy guitar at May 20, 2008,
selling some1 a Spider is immoral.

long version;
if I were you, tho, Id get a proper amp. Without a good amp, how are you going to enjoy the recordings you can make? Going through lots of effort and money only to get a bad end result cos of the spider will leave you frustrated, where a good amp will add to your enjoyment of playing guitar ALL THE TIME!

short; amp ftw.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard