I'm thinking about making a video showing the features of my main amp the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, to add to my YouTube page seen here. If all goes well, I'll then add one for the Marshall DSL401 Combo and Vox AC30.

So I'd just like to establish what you guys would expect/want from a video like that. Suggest anything you want, but here's a few specific questions I've got.

Should I concentrate on natural sound, or show off a lot of pedals too?

Is it important if the camera is fixed on me or the amp?

Singe Coils, Humbuckers, or both?

Would you want recordings from different mic angles? Or not important?

Would you care for a sound clip at low volume? Or is it all about pushing the tubes?

Do I need to extend beyond the basic amp info? Or should I just include that in the information bar?

Appreciate the help
Spend an equal ammout of time on each setting that you want to show off. Try to stick to just the amp, if you're demoing the amp. Try to get shots of the conrols, if you like. Mic the amp with something other than the camera's mic.
Concentrate on natural sound, then be like you can do this with a pedal.

I don't care about the Camera an gle

Both single and humbuckers.

Mic shouldn't matter much.

Low and high volume.

Basic is fine. Play a lot, talk some.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Should I concentrate on natural sound, or show off a lot of pedals too?

I would concentrate more on the natural sound. If you do any effects just do a basic dist or od just to show how far the amp can be pushed. make sure if you are using effects to tell the viewers.

Is it important if the camera is fixed on me or the amp?

what i would do is run through the settings of the amp and what you have them at and then set the camera so that both you and the amp are in view.

Singe Coils, Humbuckers, or both?

both. include specifically what kind of pup your using.

Would you want recordings from different mic angles? Or not important?

might be to someone but i don't think it's that critical. listen to the recording and tell the viewers what your hear vs what they are hearing. for example if it sounds brighter in real life that would be nice to know

Would you care for a sound clip at low volume? Or is it all about pushing the tubes?

Play it at low and high volumes.

Do I need to extend beyond the basic amp info? Or should I just include that in the information bar?

Include a link to the amp's site. also, include if everything is stock or if you swapped speakers, tubes, ect.

Other: Play a variety of licks and riffs from a variety of different styles.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1