Scales. Use 1 finger per fret method instead of jumping around using only the first 3 fingers. Tapping aswell is quite good for the pinky. Do trills with it aswell.
Play a bunch of chromatics to get that finger some strength, worked for me, and practice some melodic patterns too. Just all those little four finger excercises and it'll benifit you a lot. The pinky is a really helpful finger.
Try to play legatos with it. This will give you some strenght to it
set up play dates with other little fingers, it will gain loads of social experience
Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the f***ing car.
I love pulp...
Someone told me there's a girl out there
With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair...

I will find this girl.

Quote by rockinsk8r91
set up play dates with other little fingers, it will gain loads of social experience

lol

just practice practice practice
--5-6-5-7-5-8-7-6-5

thats an exercise I saw in a guitar mag a while ago. 1st string. 1st finger on 5th, 2nd on 6th, 2rd on 7th, and pinky on 8th. play that for 15 minutes straight twice a day.

You'll soon have strength then haha
Scales will help you to get the dexterity to play better but sometimes that is not enough... I'd recommend that you go to rei or any place that has climbing equipment... and buy grip master heavy tension http://www.amazon.com/Gripmaster-Exerciser-Tension-9-Pounds-Finger/dp/B0006GCBL4 here is a place that sells it online... I know you can get them at other places but most music places ie. knestanton only carry medium and light tension and i feel heavy is much better for exercising your fingers.
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by BAoxymoron
knestanton only carry medium and light tension and i feel heavy is much better for exercising your fingers.

Oh man! You are you trying to hurt people?

First of all, if you're going to get a gripmaster start out on the lightest one. What you
want to be able to do is press it down over a full range of finger motion. My fingers
are strong and a light is sufficient. A medium or heavy you'll risk pulling something.

Second of all, a gripmaster is nearly worthless without simple dexterity skill with
the finger. People misinterpret most of "pinky weakness" as a strength issue. It's
not. You just don't know how to use it. When you're practicing, just USE the pinky.
That's all you really need to do.
Quote by edg
Oh man! You are you trying to hurt people?

First of all, if you're going to get a gripmaster start out on the lightest one. What you
want to be able to do is press it down over a full range of finger motion. My fingers
are strong and a light is sufficient. A medium or heavy you'll risk pulling something.

Second of all, a gripmaster is nearly worthless without simple dexterity skill with
the finger. People misinterpret most of "pinky weakness" as a strength issue. It's
not. You just don't know how to use it. When you're practicing, just USE the pinky.
That's all you really need to do.

+1

There's all kind of stupid bollocks you can do, but none of them are going to be as productive as simply making an effort to use your pinky when you play.

"Guitar Hero" was quite possibly the mongiest suggestion of the lot, that's not going to help at all - you need to develop EVERYTHING about your pinky, strength, accuracy, dexterity and touch.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Basically I saw a video about legato, and it described it like this.

Your index finger doesn't ever need to do much, it just kind of hangs on there, from there the fingers get progressively weaker. Do trills: Index-Pinky, Middle-Pinky, Ring-Pinky (that one hurts like hell but really improved my pinky)

I just said pinky so many times in a sentence it's lost meaning to me.
^all of that is good, just remember... 4 fingers 4 frets(best advice i ever got)
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Try warming up before you play as well, I used to have the same problem, and I hated it so badly...But after a week of doing finger exercises, like picking the first 4 frets of your guitar with 1 finger per string for each string up and down or using the spider, its payed off...Still, its gonna hurt like your first few weeks of guitar though, so do it slowly, but accuratly
My Gear:
Ibanez SV5470 Prestige
Washburn WG208
Marshall MG15DFX(Practice amp)
Peavey Classic Rocker 30/Vox AC15( Coming soon)
POD X3 Live..xD
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special(In my dreams...)