hey, i'm now officially hooked on pedal modding

found this AWESOME web page on the net

http://www.erikhansen.net/?page_id=29

and decided to make my SD-1 good

i went for the almost 808 spec with the exception of leaving C6 in place and possibly C7 alone too

it's lost a bit of gain but its a lot smoother now and has shedleads of boost power, cant wait for some crankage tomorrow

the volume boost is awesome its nice and crunchy, but not scratchy like it used to be, much less harsh too

and i have a sweet green LED now

i really like it now, much more useful too. stay tuned for more mods soon. possibly a thread on my crybaby

*its not my fault if you screw your pedals
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Corr, I've been toying with the idea of beefing my SD-1 up.

How much did your modding cost in the end? And is the level boost really worth it? I'm running my SD-1 with full level, slightly trebly tone, and the tiniest amount of gain, just to push through.
A level boost may be needed if you're using a lot of gain, or if you're using germanium diodes.

I modded my SD1 with a mix and match of stuff I experimented with. It's now flatter on the EQ, has a much rounder and sweet distortion and I use it for high gain overdrive basically. I LOVE it. I raised the input impedance but the bypass still sucks.
I really dislike the basic tube screamer sound so I went as far away from it as I could
Quote by -MintSauce-
Corr, I've been toying with the idea of beefing my SD-1 up.

How much did your modding cost in the end? And is the level boost really worth it? I'm running my SD-1 with full level, slightly trebly tone, and the tiniest amount of gain, just to push through.

i spend £5 on bits, but some are for my wah and the other 2 mods on that site

i'd say its deffo beefier, you could tinker to reduce the volume too
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.