So after almost a year of nothing but theory my guitar teacher decided we'd do something fun, so he said I can go out, pick any song and he'd help me learn and understand it. Of course before this I had a list of songs a mile long I wanted to learn but now that it has come down to this I'm kinda stuck on what I want to learn.
I listen to anything, but lately I've had an obsession with stoner metal/southcore. I was thinking maybe something by Zakk Wylde or Pantera but I'm not entirely sure, any suggestions?
heh.
cant help you with pantera.
but you donbt need any theory to play pantera.
all the guys ever play is Em pent.
Deff Pantera, I'm broken isn't a really difficult song to play. The riffs are awesome and the solo isn't too hard, so maybe try that?
Iron Maiden's The Trooper.

for real.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by Zeldaik
heh.
cant help you with pantera.

He uses it quite creatively though if you ask me.
Learn No More Tears by Ozzy Osbourne and I will worship you....well it has to be exact, but you get the point.
Quote by FLNagle

for real.

yea!

or any Maiden song
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
What level are you at?
Because if you have played only theory for only a year you prolly wont be playing hard songs well. theres more to guitar than theory.
Quote by Eric 666
Learn No More Tears by Ozzy Osbourne and I will worship you....well it has to be exact, but you get the point.

that is played with a slide ,but it is a fun song
Quote by Zeldaik
What level are you at?
Because if you have played only theory for only a year you prolly wont be playing hard songs well. theres more to guitar than theory.

I had played guitar two years prior to taking lessons, just to get the basics. I have the ability to play certain solos I'm just terrible at getting timing down.
Songs I've been working on on my own lately have been various licks and riffs from just about every song on Rust in Peace. And I've been trying to get the solo down from Holy Diver, but like I said I'm terrible at timing.
Quote by Zeldaik

Are you just trying to see how wrong you can possibly be? You're way off here and you need to get a clue about what you're talking about before posting.

TS, if you want to go Pantera, I'd recommend Floods; my favorite song from Zakk Wylde's Ozzy material is probably No More Tears (maybe Dreamer), but if you want something off his solo album I'd recommend "Sold My Soul".
If had my choice to learn any song.. beginning sweeps to Psalms of Lydia or Satch Boogie
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Peavey Generation EXP Single Coils
1997 Epiphone SG Junior
2007 Ibanez RG120
Quote by Graveworm
Zakk Wylde - Farewell Ballad

I was considering that one... but not exactly what I'm looking for.
learn domination by pantera man. good stuff in that one. my guitar teacher and i did that 1 at one point.
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
Quote by Connah
learn domination by pantera man. good stuff in that one. my guitar teacher and i did that 1 at one point.

What about Cemetery Gates?
Guitars:
Epiphone SG
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amps:
Epiphone Studio 10S Practice Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212

Effects:
Vox V847 (NOT V847A) Wah Pedal
DOD FX55-B Supra Distortion
Avoid the Light - Pantera
Super-serial list of equipment: guitar, amp, some picks, and a cable.

I know i can be an A55hole, however i try to mean well most of the time..
Quote by FLNagle

for real.
win.
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you ’cause
With the birds I’ll share...
Try Wylde's crazy train version =D
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Straight pantera riffing? Regular People, it's got some awesome riffs in it, and a cool solo to top it off.
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
Quote by Serendipity
Get your money's worth. Learn In the Name of God by Dream Theater.

Well I'd tell him to learn how to play Frantic Disembowelment, if he really wants to get his money's worth, that song is ridiculous.