Why should I get them? How do I install them? What would you reccomend?

thanks!
Yes my name is Tom Petty.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
(crappy)RED Marshall Mg100hdfx Halfstack
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
You should get them because it stops you chipping/breaking your guitar should your strap come off.
You'll get instructions with them when you buy them.
I'd recomend the expensive chrome ones that screw directly into your guitar, the cheap rubber ones aint worth a penny.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I have a ruined Imitation Les Paul because I didn't get them. Irresponsible friend picked the guitar up, the strap slipped, guitar went down, neck snapped in two.

You just screw them on, it's pretty self explanatory once you see them.

I'd get the Dunlop, but that's just because I don't think it really matters, just don't try to be too cheap or it will probably defeat the point of buying any in the first place.
i wouldnt recomend them unless u do alot of jamming (with other musicians) or live shows... otherwise you'll probably never use ur strap

...and yes, they are easy to install, unless ur a brain dead paraplegic
you unscrew ur conventional strap buttons and screw ur new strap locks back in... it should have directions
Quote by alkalineweeman
You should get them because it stops you chipping/breaking your guitar should your strap come off.
You'll get instructions with them when you buy them.
I'd recomend the expensive chrome ones that screw directly into your guitar, the cheap rubber ones aint worth a penny.

ok? lol could you link some from musiciansfriend or wherever?

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
Quote by CaptainJack666
schallers are great

i agree, thats what i got
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by tommyp484
ok? lol could you link some from musiciansfriend or wherever?

Are your fingers broken?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schaller-Strap-Locks-and-Buttons-Pair-?sku=360389
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by m03113r
I have a ruined Imitation Les Paul because I didn't get them. Irresponsible friend picked the guitar up, the strap slipped, guitar went down, neck snapped in two.

You just screw them on, it's pretty self explanatory once you see them.

I'd get the Dunlop, but that's just because I don't think it really matters, just don't try to be too cheap or it will probably defeat the point of buying any in the first place.

hey you had that in a youtube vid didnt you? i think i saw that. with the silverburst? then you stripped it and glued it?

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
Quote by alkalineweeman
Are your fingers broken?

no, but VERY tired. typing an essay

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Haha, not at all.

But I did fix it, mighty fine job too if I do say so myself, a little bit of buzzing near the nut, but otherwise, it's good enough for me.

It was when I was more naive about guitars, and the store I was buying from decided to tell me after the fact that it was a common problem with Les Paul type guitars.
I just feel like reinforcing what everyone else has said.
1) Use Schaller strap locks, providing you ACTUALLY play with a strap, but I assume you do.
2) You just unscrew the existing buttons, and screw the new ones right into the body, you'll get instructions on how to set it up with the strap if you're not sure
kool. i just got a pair. and yeah i only play standing. it feels better ya know?

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D