Who has been procrastinating his drivers permit/license?

Being 16 and living in the US, I should be all thrilled about driving just as many other, but I am not. I want the ability to be able to drive, but I do not think I am ready for the responsibilities of driving. Also, I don't think it is such a urgent thing.

Am I just insane or are others who agree with me?
LOL I procastinated. I got it like 2 weeks ago and I'm 18. But I need it for college. Eventually you will WANT to be more free. You don't want to rely on friends or family. I mean I got tired of listening to my friends music so I got my licensce.

Also, you avoid public transportation, have more time for yourself.
I have another friend who got his licensce at 18.
Last edited by metaldud536 at May 20, 2008,
I'm way past 16 and I don't plan on getting my license anytime soon as I panic easily as a passenger. My State ID does it for me.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
I coulda had mine months ago, just dont feel like it really, ill do it b4 my birthday but im in no hurry atm

Besides if i can drive ill just have to give people rides everywhere..
The only things we hate are those things we try to hide from others.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel
Either way, I don't think bananas should be placed in such proximity to an ass

I disagree. Bananas and ass are like peaches and cream.
I'm waiting too.
I want to get it, but I never get my mom to sign me up or whatever has to be done
I'm not too thrilled about getting my license either, I can't afford it yet and my parents keep nagging me about it. I need a job.
Last edited by Sylvanus at May 20, 2008,
Quote by Steve The Plank
Out of interest, how many lessons on average does it take for you Americans to learn how to drive an Automatic car?

1, but in massachusetts we have to take 12 lessons required by the state in order to go for our liscense, then once we have our liscense, we can't drive anyone for 6 months besides family.

Massachusetts has the harshest driving laws EVER!
I'm 20 and haven't even taken my theory yet, or done any lessons.
ALL THE PLAYERS ARE KEEN GRAVE MAKERS
Quote by Steve The Plank
Out of interest, how many lessons on average does it take for you Americans to learn how to drive an Automatic car?

Better yet, how easy is the test? VERY easy. One driving test, lasts like 10-15mins, and then bam you have your licensce. That is if your 18. If your under 18 (the lowest is 16) you have to pass a written exam on road signs and alcohol facts before you can take the driving test. At least here in Florida.
I turned 16 quite a while ago, but my parents are the onces procrastinating. I ask them nearly every day to go to the DMV and get my permit, but they consistently refuse.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Yeah, in a way.

Not procrastinating on the actual license, I want it as soon as possible. I'm lazy when it comes to the process.

Here in VA we're supposed to write down all of our driving time while we have our learner's permit. You have to fill in the date, time, how long, how far, whether it was day or night, and whether it was rainy or sunny. Once you get 40 hours, you can take behind the wheel training.

I haven't filled in any days, but I've drove at least 40 hours. I just hate filling in that damn little chart.

I'll do it one of these days....

*twiddles thumbs*
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I have been procrastinating for about 6 months now, i should have had my intermediate last September!! Your not alone. I should be getting it by summer break (end of june) the latest.
we have to take a class, for the written part, and then we have to have like 6 driving lessons. after that, you need 50 hours with an adult
I got mine the day i turned 16
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
I have my licence since I'm 16.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
I could have gotten the license in February, but I didnt even end up getting the permit till March 25th. I'll probably get tired of my friends carting me around and get my restricted license in June or July sometime.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by Alexander_BR
Who has been procrastinating his drivers permit/license?

Being 16 and living in the US, I should be all thrilled about driving just as many other, but I am not. I want the ability to be able to drive, but I do not think I am ready for the responsibilities of driving. Also, I don't think it is such a urgent thing.

Am I just insane or are others who agree with me?

I agree. I waited a year 'til I was 17 to get mine. No damage done and I have more trust from my parents. Most of my friends with their G2 licenses (drive by yourself) drive like complete morons anyway. I'm not worried, I didn't mind waiting a bit.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
I plan to get it the day of my birthday or right after (too bad my birthday isn't until the literal end of the year).
I've been procrastinating for a long time. I'm 18 now and I still don't have my license. It's not that I don't want to drive it's just that every where I go to around here is withing walking distance of my house.
I should have started driving not the december just gone, the one before, but no, I'm 18 now, still nowhere near, I just have better things to spend my money on at the moment.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
I did it for a whole year. I was just lazy but now i look back at it and it was kinda dumb, being able to drive is extremely handy, especially with the ladies if you take 'em to dates or dances.
Going on 20 here and I don't have mine. I'm cool with it though. I'm getting it this summer for when i transfer to a university, but in my hometown there's nothing to do so I figured I would save money on gas and insurance.
I haven't procrastinated. Here's how it works in michigan:

once you're 14 and 8 months you can take drivers ed 1, 3 weeks, four days a week, 2 hours a day. during which you have 6 1 hour drives. If you pass those, at the end of the 3 weeks you take a test, pass this and you get a learner's permit.

after having that for at least 9 months and with 30 hours of logged drive time, you go to segment two. Segment 2 is only 3 days, 2 hours a day. After that you take another test, this time a harder one.

After you pass that you have to log 20 more hours of drive time. Then you can take your roadtest. It's a 45 minute long driving test where you have to use your own car and be able to parallel park and stuff. If you run even one stop sign, you fail and have to pay for another test. (all this crap costs money too).

Once you pass that you have to wait until your 16th birthday, then you go to the secretary of state and take a vision test. Then you get your license.

Yes, it is a maaaaaaaaassive amount of BS, but it's worth it once you have your license for your highschool years. Oh and now they're trying to say we can't have more than 1 person in the car until you're 17 or 18, after all that sh*t you go through to get your license.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
ive had the possibility to get it for...5 months? something like that.

i went out and got the books a couple weeks ago.
just turned 16 a week or so ago, i'm taking the test in a couple weeks. I procrastinated a bit to get it, but I should have it by summer. I'm kinda nervous to drive, but i'll get over it eventually.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
I'm 17 and I don't have a permit yet. I plan on getting it this summer, although I said that last summer and it didn't happen. But I am sure it's going to happen this summer.
I still don't have my license and i'll be seventeen in a week. I can drive a stick and an automatic, and i know i'd pass it if i just got my ass down there...
Everyone else wants me to get it more than i do. Everywhere i go: "Did you get your license yet?!" "Nope..."
I'm not excited at all about getting it, when i get it, the best part of it will be shutting everyone up.
Quote by xcynicx
I still don't have my license and i'll be seventeen in a week. I can drive a stick and an automatic, and i know i'd pass it if i just got my ass down there...
Everyone else wants me to get it more than i do. Everywhere i go: "Did you get your license yet?!" "Nope..."
I'm not excited at all about getting it, when i get it, the best part of it will be shutting everyone up.

Same, except I'm 19.

Although, I would have more uses for it now, but I'm still not too enthused about it though.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.