Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Doesnt that affect tone and sustain though?

Technically speaking, one whole solid body with no cavities (not including pickup and wiring cavities) will have a longer sustain and warmer tone. I'm looking into buying a Les Paul, but dont want a chambered body.
They are fuc king heavy without them!
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Light weight mahogany is hard to find, and expensive when it is. They reserve it for the Historics now. They've been chambering the USA line since last year. However Gibson is going to offer the old weight relieved pattern, the swiss cheese design, again real soon for the Standard. You'll have the choice of that or chambered. If you want a true solid body, find a different brand or go Custom Shop.

Technically they haven't been "solid" for many years, they've been drilling holes (the swiss cheese pattern I mentioned) since the late 80's.
Last edited by Whole Lotta Led at May 20, 2008,
I've been thinking about the Custom Shop for some time now, but I think its REALLY not worth paying +$3000 simply for a true solid body Les Paul.

Thanks for the help, I'll just settle on the normal chambered bodies for now. Fuck swiss cheese, it tastes disgusting and looks awkward on a guitar when x-rayed.
It's because of the weight.
And in trying to make the guitar lighter with the chambered body, they've made it neck heavy.
Don't know about you, But I hate neck heavy guitars.
Signatures are overrated.
My Epiphone tends to neck dive a bit, but that's because of the alder the bastards stuffed in it.
I played a new Gibson 2 weeks ago for the first time, freakishly light like my Epi, I hate it.
i actually enjoy the way the chambered LPs play and sound... they sustain just as well as far as ive noticed
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
To my knowledge, the Epiphone Elitist LP has always been and still is unchambered. You may not be looking for an Epiphone, but I just thought I'd throw that out there if the unchambered body is really important to you.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Damn i thought this was going to be a thread about locking dead people in your house's chamber.
My LP is chambered and it definitely isn't sacrificing much tone. Its still ballsy as hell.
Gibson.
Quote by FourSticks17
To my knowledge, the Epiphone Elitist LP has always been and still is unchambered. You may not be looking for an Epiphone, but I just thought I'd throw that out there if the unchambered body is really important to you.

Yeah I've read about Elitists recently and they are REALLY great guitars. The majority of people say they are even better than Gibsons (excluding Custom Shop).

I'm thinking about getting an Elitist Standard. It looks great and I bet it plays even better. Its only $1000 too, and at a higher quality than Gibsons!

Unchambered Japanese perfection FTW