duncans

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Seymour Duncan
Bareknuckle

edit: I've heard good things about Rio Grande and Kent Armstrong pickups as well.
Last edited by FireandFlames at May 20, 2008,
Quote by Draxoon
what are some good passive pickups?

for what style of music?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by Chaosinborn
Duncan has the blackouts which are active

and livewires

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
Quote by shredhead22
for what style of music?

seriously. that should be what the first post says.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
What style of music do you play? We can't really help you until you tell us what type of music you play.
Quote by Draxoon
what are some good passive pickups?

for playing what?
for putting in?
for playing through?

a tad more info would be nice here.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by zeppelinfreak51
Duncan
/thread

fuck off. it's people like you who allow duncan to manufacture a (in many cases) mediocre product and still make tons of money.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
fuck off. it's people like you who allow duncan to manufacture a (in many cases) mediocre product and still make tons of money.

Maybe the Dimebucker and the Invader, I wouldn't say teh '59 or custom custom I have are particularly mediocre. I did get them as stock though.
I personally like Seymour Duncan because many of my favorite artists are featured there.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
I personally like Seymour Duncan because many of my favorite artists are featured there.

Because that is a reason to like the PU and not the tone.
Quote by Horlicks
Maybe the Dimebucker and the Invader, I wouldn't say teh '59 or custom custom I have are particularly mediocre. I did get them as stock though.

that's why i said "in many cases", i wanted to keep myself right, lol.

you're right, those are two of the better ones, i have a '59 in my edwards and it's a nice pickup (but like yours, it came stock, i wouldn't pay UK RRP for one when i could get e.g. a bareknuckle instead for very little more).

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

holy sh1t....sore subject dave?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
well
a duncans are very versatile
b most duncans ive played are great.
c i also recomend dimarzio or rockfield
but the rockfield would only be if you play metal

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
Quote by shredhead22
for what style of music?

metal, hard rock
and are pickups hard to install because I've never done it before
Quote by shredhead22
holy sh1t....sore subject dave?

nah, i just don't like people writing "/thread". because normally they're wrong.

Quote by Draxoon
metal, hard rock
and are pickups hard to install because I've never done it before

can you solder?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave_Mc

/thread
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Draxoon
never done it before

wouldn't suggest doing it yourself then. It won't be too expensive to have them installed anyways
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
^that or find some extra wires and metal objects to practice solder... Soldering is a very helpful skill someother important skills you might also want to learn is wiring in general... Possibly routing but the later probably won't be much of an issue
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Dimarzio
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
oh yeah forgot to say Bareknuckles are the best but they're pricey in UK and WTF in America but i still get them because they are more than worth price
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by Hakael
Dave_Mc

/thread

Quote by shredhead22
wouldn't suggest doing it yourself then. It won't be too expensive to have them installed anyways

agreed. if you're only doing it once, it's probably not worth the bother. but if you think you might change pickups a lot in the future, it might be worth buying a soldering iron and a few wires and, for example, a cheap switch or something and practice on that a lot. don't do it with the pickups first, lol, you want to practice on a cheap electronic component.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by shredhead22

how much does it cost to get them installed?
depends on the shop, but it shouldn't be that much. especially if you're buying the pickups from the shop, you should try to bargain them down a bit.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?