Page 1 of 3
i know it may sound insensitive, seeing as how there are alot of threads on UG about people dying for real, this is about the death of my guitar. my acoustic to be more accuate, i dont have to tell you guys that a musician forms a special kind of bond with his instrument, this guitar got me through some tough times.
i took it to school today, as a do normally 2 or 3 times a week, to do the usual, entertain friends, mess around in class, and hopefully inspire others to play, this day felt different, but i continued on like any other day, playing after first period, having a small show after class of about 10-20 people, standing in awe as a sang favorites like "everlong" and "polly" and "wonderwall", but as robert frost had said nothing gold can stay, lunch felt weird, almost surreal, i played for my friends as i often do, and went aside to one friend, and said "i want to get a picture of my playing at school, go into my backpack, there is a camera" and so he did, suppling me with this timeless reminder of my love for playing:

(thanks Mitchell for taking the picture.)
but alas it was decapitated in sixth period today, i don't hold it against the girl who did it, it was a complete accident, i told her that, she still offered to pay to replace it (only a 100, but thats what i paid for it.), but i feel bad, seeing it, like a police officer seeing a partner cut down before his time, my connection to this was lost, its now just a chunk of wood:

so pit gather 'round in a telling of stories of instruments lost, and nicks and scratches, i know you all have your stories, so share them.
Last edited by aaron6890 at May 20, 2008,
I once destroyed my very first guitar. Walmart first act. I threw in the air over my driveway for about an hour and then lit it on fire.

To be fair the only bond I had to it was hate.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
This has never happened to me personaly but my buddy got a new SG for his 21st, we had band practice the day after and stupidy he put it in the boot of the car without a case, opened the boot at the practice studio and the neck was snapped clean down the middle.
was a sad day for all involved.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I chipped the enamel on my ESP bass at band practise. It was hilarious though so I don't mind - I tripped, hit my guitarist in the face with the headstock before clattering his mic out of the stand (which was what did the damage).
ALL THE PLAYERS ARE KEEN GRAVE MAKERS
Some drunken guy knocked my first guitar on the ground and then accidentally stepped on it.

He paid me for it, but it still got to me. It was a no-name acoustic I picked up for 25 bucks, but I loved it nonetheless.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
damn dude i feel your pain. this happened to my dean ml on valentine's day last year. i ran to catch the train made it inside the train tripped and snapped the dean. i got home and started crying like a little girl. over time i realized it was ok and just taped the v together and it works fine now.
you bring your guitar to school 2-3 times per week???

i think someone likes to show off....

i mean seriously, i have never met any guitarist in my entire school, and the entirety of my life who does that,
unless you go to a music school or something than maybe its alrite but comon man...

..flaunt you ass around and it'll get slapped my friend

i hoped you learned a lesson, next time if your gonna show off something try something cheap like a harmonica....

EDIT: me = asshole (i know), but this is my honest too God opinion, showing off your talent is during a gig is great because thats what people come to see, but in school man maybe once every couple of months, but 2-3 times per week???sorry thats over doing it and in mhy eyes your a show off
Quote by TheProducer
...I'm a pussy...
Last edited by STriNG-RaY at May 20, 2008,
my first guitar, an acoustic , is still in one piece and I still play it often.

my first electric guitar, a squire strat , is a piece of ****, doesn't work anymore and I'm contemplating what the best way to destroy it would be.
I was at a party at a friends house and I set my guitar down to go get some beer and when I came back the horns on my BC Rich Warlock NJ Series were broke off. I think someone most of played it and hit the wall or something. Of course no one knew who did it.
Guitars
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom
Washburn Dimebag Darrel
BC RICH WARLOCK NJ Series Platinum

Amps
Fender Stage Lead 212
Peavy Bandit 112

Zoom 505
Boss Chorus Ensemble
DOD Death Metal Distortion
Crybaby Wah
Boss Equalizer
Dude, Aaron, that sucks.
Please tell me you played some Thrice for one last time!

But yeah, nonsequitor, but I have the same shoes as you!
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Quote by STriNG-RaY

i mean seriously, i have never met any guitarist in my entire school, and the entirety of my life who does that,
unless you go to a music school or something than maybe its alrite but comon man...

i hoped you learned a lesson, next time if your gonna show off something try something cheap like a harmonica....

no i teach some stuff to my friends at lunch. and sometimes i do like to show off, but who doesnt? its not like i run arounds shouting "QUICK EVERYONE IM GOING TO PLAY!! LOOK AT ME!!!" i just sit there, and play and sing, and if people are interested they stay and watch, and if not, then they leave. besides, people seem to love it.

EDIT:
Quote by ratmblink123
Dude, Aaron, that sucks.
Please tell me you played some Thrice for one last time!

But yeah, nonsequitor, but I have the same shoes as you!

yeah i did trust acoustic, that was the last thing i played on it.
Last edited by aaron6890 at May 20, 2008,
fixable. my friend's guitar was like that.

edit: zomg! I sit in front of a Robert Frost poster for Nothing Gold can Stay in my AP Comp classroom and my friends and I make fun of how old and disgusting he looks in that picture. AND i love those songs that you played. holy ****
Last edited by strat335 at May 20, 2008,
Quote by STriNG-RaY

EDIT: me = asshole (i know), but this is my honest too God opinion, showing off your talent is during a gig is great because thats what people come to see, but in school man maybe once every couple of months, but 2-3 times per week???sorry thats over doing it and in mhy eyes your a show off

we all spend a whole lot of time learning and playing guitar. so when we get good, fuck ya we want to show off.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Quote by aaron6890
.... sometimes i do like to show off....

dude 2-3 times a weeks is a lot...be honest you love showing off the fact that you "know" how to play guitar ...

ive only brought my guitar like 5 times to school , and that was for shows and 1 was because i was selling a guitar

like I said its ok to play in shows and be the biggest show off during a gig, thats what people come to see, your talents...
i bet in your school a lot of people are probably annoyed by you, i mean i am and im no where near you

if you werent such a big show off maybee your guitar would still be alive today
Quote by TheProducer
...I'm a pussy...
I get annoyed when students bring their guitars to school and play. Do it occasionally and play more impressive things so they don't get tired of the same old stuff.
when i was in year ten i took my SG in one day, as i was going to a party straight after school and Mr SG was going to be my date. my tutor told me i had to leave it on top of the lockers while i went to class, which i did, dubiously. i was right to be dubious. at lunch, some utter n00b at life ran headlong into the lockers, causing them to tilt, and tipping my poor baby onto her head.

thankfully, she came off worse than Mr SG, although he has a ding in his headstock to remind us of the n00bling who tangled with us (and lost). she ended up with an icepack and a lovely black eye. hah.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by clay pots
we all spend a whole lot of time learning and playing guitar. so when we get good, fuck ya we want to show off.

yes and you should, music is a performance art, and you should show off during a show, and guitar shops too

but in school, most people dont want to hear you playing and singing, and showing off 2-3 per week

how would you feel if some black kid rapped showing off the fact that he can rap like 50 cent and is gangsta 2-3 times per week, or better yet a suburban white kid

if the kid is good at rapping maybe its alrite every once and a while, i mean i dont have anything against rap (but god do i hate 50 cent)

2-3 times per week is 40%-60% days of a school week where you bring a guitar and thats tooooo much
Quote by TheProducer
...I'm a pussy...
Quote by STriNG-RaY
how would you feel if some black kid rapped showing off the fact that he can rap like 50 cent and is gangsta 2-3 times per week, or better yet a suburban white kid

There's actually someone in my school like that. Except he's not black.

He's a douche and the fact that he does that (with such pretentiousness, I might add) makes him a bigger douche.
I lost my first guitar to the weather...

I hate it when it makes wood warp!
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
i came back from break time during year 4 to find my classical guitar had a snapped neck.

some batty must hvae knocked it over, picked it up, and pretended nothing happened
my pet goat died sunday. I had him for eight years, but sunday he left this world headed for greener pastures. Ill miss him.

heres his pic:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=94450283&albumID=45783&imageID=641468

p.s. that sucks about your guitar too.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.

I was sitting on my bed when my sheck just fell off its stand onto my amp.
I didn't have enough time to grab it :/
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
I'm sorry Aaron. I liked your acoustic.

EDIT: What model Schecter is that^?
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by STriNG-RaY

if you werent such a big show off maybee your guitar would still be alive today

man thats a low blow, like i said i do show off, which you quoted, but i teach friends how to play and stuff too. an anyone who knows me will say that i'm not really the show off type, but i know something or im good at something, then i will, and there are people who bring it far more than i do.

oh and also, 2 or 3 times a week was kinda a stretch, but i do bring it atleast once a week.

we get the point, i show off, big deal, its not like your not showing off how you are "better" than me by trolling my post on a guitar forum.
Quote by TooFast
I'm sorry Aaron. I liked your acoustic.

EDIT: What model Schecter is that^?

Ultra III.
I only had it for half a week when it broke.
And it was on valentines day too </3
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Dude, bringing it to school to show off.. erm... "entertain others" is lame.
And I mean that in the best possible way.
I'm sorry for your guitar dude... I don't play for really long (about 8 months now) but I'm already very obssessive with my first (and only) guitar, my Ibanez RG370DX. I would go crazy if something happened to it.

Hope you get a new one that will be a fair replacement for it.
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
i feel for you and your guitar. how did you get that awesome tree graphic??!
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
Quote by dsotm73
i feel for you and your guitar. how did you get that awesome tree graphic??!

thanks to you, and everyone who "feels for me", its not like im really depressed about it, its just like "well, that sucks"

i did the graphic with some acrylic paint and some clear nail polish, drew up the design, copied it over with some carbon paper, then painted in the lines, put nail polish to seal.
well, i haven't really broken a guitar that i have a special bond with, but on Sunday i had to pack my guitar away because we're moving in a month, and i had to pack it now or else wait 2 months for it to get there after us rather than 1 month with it being there already when we arrive in Japan. It's only been 2 days and I miss playing it dearly.
Quote by aaron6890
man thats a low blow, like i said i do show off, which you quoted, but i teach friends how to play and stuff too. an anyone who knows me will say that i'm not really the show off type, but i know something or im good at something, then i will, and there are people who bring it far more than i do.

oh and also, 2 or 3 times a week was kinda a stretch, but i do bring it atleast once a week.

we get the point, i show off, big deal, its not like your not showing off how you are "better" than me by trolling my post on a guitar forum.

no im not, im just pointing out te fact that people who do that annoy me, and very much so , and if they suck more than me that just makes it worse

i never said i was better than you, but if you really think so than thats alrite

a big part of being an musician is being humble

and also you kinda contradict yourself by saying your friends would tell me that your not the show off type and then say you enjoy showing off lol

and it doesnt matter if its more or less than 2-3 times a week in which you bring your guitar the fact is you bring it frequently

just admit your a big show off, that you love showing off, and you love the attention you get from showing off the fact that you can play a guitar, and its no different than having a big sign on you head that says "everyone look at me i play guitar, and im freakin wicked" dont be offended because its the truth
Quote by TheProducer
...I'm a pussy...
I believe that alot of this "ts is a show off" may just be jealousy of the fact that he has confidence to play at school, this may not be the case for all though. Also, even if he does like to show off (who doesnt) does it matter, he obviously really enjoys playing guitar, so much in fact that he cant go all day without playing it.
Quote by STriNG-RaY
no im not, im just pointing out te fact that people who do that annoy me, and very much so , and if they suck more than me that just makes it worse

i never said i was better than you, but if you really think so than thats alrite

a big part of being an musician is being humble

and also you kinda contradict yourself by saying your friends would tell me that your not the show off type and then say you enjoy showing off lol

and it doesnt matter if its more or less than 2-3 times a week in which you bring your guitar the fact is you bring it frequently

just admit your a big show off, that you love showing off, and you love the attention you get from showing off the fact that you can play a guitar, and its no different than having a big sign on you head that says "everyone look at me i play guitar, and im freakin wicked" dont be offended because its the truth

i do admit i show off, sometimes, and i definitely am not the show off type really, im not confident, i dont really have high self esteem, im not cocky, but if im doing something i know how to do, then i'll show off, if that makes any sense.
im not just playing for attention, i've been playing for close to 5 years, and only started bringing my guitar this semester. before that half the people in my classes didnt even know i played. maybe im just taking it now because the novelty hasnt warn off yet, its still cool for people, i should start taking it less, well i guess now i have to, but whatever,
"i'll admit im a show off. im a big show off, everyone look at me and how show offy i am, i need to thrive on other peoples attention or i will physically shrivel up and die, thats how show offy i am!"
happy?

EDIT: yeah what the guy above me said too.
Really sorry, I dont know what I would do if I broke my acoustic. I started playing my acoustic as my first guitar, and its my favorite compared to my electric.

( I love both dearly)

I hope you can find another instrument.
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
Quote by aaron6890
i continued on like any other day, playing after first period, having a small show after class of about 10-20 people, standing in awe as a sang favorites like "everlong" and "polly" and "wonderwall"

bad guitarist. wonderwall BAD! NO! NO WONDERWALL!
Quote by death_rider
I believe that alot of this "ts is a show off" may just be jealousy of the fact that he has confidence to play at school, this may not be the case for all though. Also, even if he does like to show off (who doesnt) does it matter, he obviously really enjoys playing guitar, so much in fact that he cant go all day without playing it.

From what ive gathered i thinks Ts cant go a whole day without showing off

yes everyone loves to show off but some people do it overbearingly and thats extremely annoying do you not agree?

imho the frequency in which the ts shows off and the time and place he is doing it, would be considered overbearing

theres a time to show off and theres a time where you should keep it to yourself, it has nothing to do with confidence at all
and a lot of people like me dont wanna hear the same theing 40-60% of the week

stop showing off in school and gets some gigs or something that should satisfy your hunger
Quote by TheProducer
...I'm a pussy...
Quote by stringmagician
Totally fixable

Also, that's a cool tree graphic

What he said. I've done that to my Les Paul several times.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 3