Ok, so I bought and EMG 81 pick up and am wondering if it will have full power in a 3 pick up design LP. Does all tone become effected by the middle pick up?

If not how would should I put in some active pups? I have the 81 now and will probably buy an 85. Also is it easy to switch it to a 2 pick up configuration (well "cheap", I won't be doing it)?

Thanks guys.
no you have the option to switch it on say a strat like mine
idk how you're switch is though
is it just a 3 way switch?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
no you have the option to switch it on say a strat like mine
idk how you're switch is though
is it just a 3 way switch?

Yup it's just a 3 way, on a Les Paul.
Well I would recommend getting the 85 right away, wiring active/passive combos is apparently a really big pain in the butt since you have to have different circuits. Also a middle pickup most likely isn't going to make much of a difference for tone, so unless you have tried one and you KNOW you want one I think you should skip it and save some money.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
i have never really liked the middle pickup when you have three humbuckers. it doest really offer much versatility imho. with the exception of this one really old gibson that had three buckers, the middle plickup was for some reason, out of phase. it was ****ing bizzare sounding, but i really dug it. i heard it on youtube by these two guys that demo all the gear that no one else will ever het to touch, like old fender amps and vintage guitar.s