Well, I received my new Gibson Les Paul Classic three weeks ago. I had purchased a Line 6 Spider Jam, returned it to Guitar Center (They're GREAT about taking things back, in 30 days, by the way), Ordered a Peavey Classic 30 in Black Tweed. I was disappointed, as the only Black was in Vinyl. It didn't seem to be the best vinyl, so I also returned it to GC and purchased a 40W Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112. I want to try and keep my amp off the floor in my basement, so I have it on my Sauder Entertainment Center, that held my old Teac 5500 for the past 33 years. The Hot Rod Deluxe is larger than the Classic and Heavier. I was considering returning it, yet again, and possibly get the Mesa Boogie Express 5/25. It's smaller, lighter, but more expensive, which is OK with me. I'll pay for a good quality amp. So, what do you guys think. Should I keep the Hot Rod or go with the Mesa? I'll be using it with my Les Paul Classic and the new Boss GT-10. I play at home in the basement, but I may also venture out and jam with my friends once in a while. Hey, Guys...I appreciate your input of experience and knowledge on this!
Last edited by Raydeeo at May 20, 2008,
if you're looking for classic rock and a little heavier, I think the Express is a good choice. Not a big fan of the HRD's OD tbh. I thought the Classic 30 sounded better, just opinion. If you aren't looking for metal tones, I think the Express are nice little amps. Would be handy to have the low wattage feature in your situation too.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Exactly what Erock said.

If you're looking for more of a classic rock amp, I'd go with the Express, it's decent at what it does, but for the price, I agree, the F series are more versatile, and can be found quite a bit cheaper.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com