Page 1 of 4
As I was looking through this section, I saw there were no threads on Wilco, one of the greatest bands of the last 15 years. My personal favorite albums of theirs are Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and Being There (their earlier stuff is extremely underrated imo). Discuss.
Good band.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
I completely agree. I think Wilco is one of the greatest rock bands of our time. Although all of their cds are good, my favorites are Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, A Ghost is Born and Sky Blue Sky. Bringing Nels Cline into the band has made their music that much better. He is an amazing guitarist.
Being There is an amazing album, been really liking that lately.
"i'd give my soul to be where i was a year ago... if i had a soul left to give"
Love evrything except the latest one, which I can't get on with at all.

A Ghost is Born is a brilliant record.
favorite album is a ghost is born, and i always thought summerteeth was a really nice record as well.
oh wilco, how i have missed them...i'm actually going through another love affair with them at the moment.

seeing them for a third time this August with Andrew Bird(!!!).
Aaaah, add45 got me into them, they're genius.

I love Side with the Seeds.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Choo-choo Charlie had a pretty good band but he couldn't understand why no one would goooo.

I loves me some Wilco.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
I saw them on SNL the other night, and I thought they were great, I just went out and bought A.M. too.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
I have Sky Blue Sky which I adoreeee.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

I haven't heard that one, is it any good?
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
i forgot but they're playing at this festival i'm going to later this year, should be awsome....

i hear they're quite amazing live.
they are great live, except they were better in 2006 because it was pre-Sky Blue Sky, which i disliked strongly.
Yeahhh, Sky Blue Sky doesn't do anything for me.

Does anyone read the "Aquarium Drunkard" blog? It's no doubt named after "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart."
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
i read it once in a while, my favorite blog was rbally but it went away. it used to have live Wilco related boots all the time.
Sky Blue Sky's a great album imo. Hate It Here has got to be the song of 2007.
I love Wilco, just great music! Nice to see this thread around

Edit: What album is the song "I Am Trying to Brake Your Heart" from? I've heard a live version before and it's just great
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, that is usually what people say is the best album.
Deal, I'll check it out then.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by dmason
Sky Blue Sky.

My personal favorite album by Wilco.

I'm anticipating going to their concert when they stop by in the summer. I've heard from my English teacher that they are great live.

Has anyone else seen them live, or is planning to?
Quote by uhh_me?
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, that is usually what people say is the best album.

That and Being There, although I just got into Summerteeth and it's damn good. What I love about Wilco is how their albums grow on you. I've never fell in love with a Wilco album right away but once I get into it, I can't get enough of it.
Quote by ohhey9040
That and Being There, although I just got into Summerteeth and it's damn good. What I love about Wilco is how their albums grow on you. I've never fell in love with a Wilco album right away but once I get into it, I can't get enough of it.

I know exactly what you mean.
I got one of their albums in at a pirate party. I haven't listened to it yet, but I've heard a lot of good things about them.
Quote by Bmm386
I've given Yankee Hotel Foxtrot a solid 3 listens now.

It's good, but nothing i'd aspire to listen to. I really like "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart" and "Heavy Metal Drummer" though.

It'll take a bit to sink in but trust me, you will end up loving it.
I was sure there was a pretty big Wilco thread on here before...I know because I posted in it several times.

Ah well, I really like Wilco. I've got A.M., Yankee Foxtrot Hotel, A Ghost is Born and Sky Blue Sky. In all honesty, Sky Blue Sky is my favourite, even though most people here seem to not like it. Sky Blue Sky was the first Wilco disc I bought, so maybe that is why.

I feel like all of their albums (at least the ones I own) are very solid and they tend to grow on you.
A Christian artist I listen to constantly, Derek Webb, loves Wilco and cites them as a bit of an influence, so I picked up all of their CDs used for dirt cheap (I don't think I paid more than $7 for one except Being There which I bought new on recommendation from a friend). I like their albums in descending order, with Sky Blue Sky at the top and A.M. at the bottom. However, I've been listening to more off Summerteeth lately and I'm really liking it more and more.

They're a very solid band that I obviously think have gotten better over time, which is rare. I'd love to see them live sometime.

Has anyone heard the stuff they did with Billy Bragg? I have the She Came Along with Me EP but haven't heard any of the Mermaid Avenue sessions.
I like it more than 'She Came Along With Me'.

I learned the solo to Impossible Germany the other week. Really fun to chill and play.
I am really into Wilco at the minute. I used to rate Being There as their best album but I just realised the brilliance of Yankeet Hotel Foxtrot. Like some of you guys have mentioned, their albums grow on you.
I just bought Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. First Wilco album I've purchased, and, judging by their performance on it, it won't be the last.
Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to.
Quote by Bmm386
I've given Yankee Hotel Foxtrot a solid 3 listens now.

It's good, but nothing i'd aspire to listen to. I really like "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart" and "Heavy Metal Drummer" though.

awesome song.
Sent from my iPad.
i listen to sky blue sky about weekly...they are fantastic...as good as nels is, jeff is an extremely underrated guitarist
Gear:

Ibanez Artcore TXD (Semihollow)
Fender Tele
Line 6 Spider II 2x12
Squier P-bass
Cubase LE
Tascam us122l
MXL mic

favorite band:Raconteurs/QOTSA

LOOKING FOR A GRETSCH!!!! PM ME IF YOU WANT TO SELL OR TRADE YOURS!!!!!
funny thing is that I own A.M., A Ghost Is Born, Summerteeth, Sky Blue Sky, Kicking Television: Live in Chicago and i have yet to buy Yankee Foxtrot Hotel. I really need to buy it because I always hear it's their best and everything i have of them is fantastic. I would love to see them live but the closest city they're coming to is Indianapolis.
Get "Being There" as well.

I gave "Sky Blue Sky" another go yesterday, and I still dislike it really quite a lot. I've never seen Wilco live and now I definitely won't, at least until after they release another record.
Page 1 of 4