1.Shipping from warmoth = retarded... $50 for a $70 body blank... lol noes.
2.other internet places = high price, high shipping, or do not ship here
3.local supplier = nonexistant, as far as I know... I live in Winnipeg, anybody have any experience with this?
4. ????
5. no profit

So, do any of you fellow canucks (or anyone knowledgeable about this) know where I can get some decent, affordable wood?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
my pants
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
does winnipeg even have trees dude? if you lived in ontario i could help you out, cuz I have this great retailer just starting up in ottawa, but that's too far for you eh? that woodfinder thing might work.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
thanks carousel! wow damn lol! Thats awesome!

Edit: Except for the part where I have to put in a ZIP CODE. And also the part right next to it, where it says FOR US VISITORS ONLY.

There is a "shop by province" thing. So I went for the 10 nearest suppliers to "manitoba"..... no serach results

rofl!

A for the effort, D for execution...
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Last edited by Øttər at May 20, 2008,
+1

it'd be nice to find a decent spot...

rumor has it there was/is a decent spot out in hamilton, i'll find out a name for you tomorrow.

friend of mine does some guitar work, and he says he's gotten his wood out thurr.

looks decent, from what i've seen so far.
------

Shwiggity.
Well sister is in toronto right now! She comes back at the end of august, I'd sure like a name

muse-ik: Well... we have lots of grass The mightiest tree within a hundred miles of me is a 6 inch thick poplar....
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
$430? Thats like my whole budget lol! Well almost. Anyway, I was hoping for an inexpensive alternative, perhaps a local mill or something. Thanks anyway.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
sorry, but you might be able to find something cheaper? that was just one option from by buddy. you could always call his work,see if they'll ship something for yah!

(i don't know his work yet)
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by muse-ik
does winnipeg even have trees dude? if you lived in ontario i could help you out, cuz I have this great retailer just starting up in ottawa, but that's too far for you eh? that woodfinder thing might work.

:O
Information please. I'm just outside Ottawa.
I wish i had a place locally that sold wenge! I have to drive an hour to buy wenge. Why don't you just get someone from another part of canada to ship it to you? Would it be that expensive to ship something from ontario to winnepeg?
I live in winnipeg also. Go to any Windsor Plywood. we have three of them in the city. You will be amazed. between me and a friend we've built about a dozen guitars and all the wood has come from there they have really nice stuff. getting something shipped in would be a waste not to mention you couldnt get as good of a look at it.
easiest windsor plywood i know of is on main street just inside the perimeter but i dont know where you live