i've done my research on two guitars that are real eye candy

Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty

Ibanez S470DXQM

ive played the Ibanez already, and loved it, only prob is tuning and changing strings with the trem, however ive been researching the Les Paul for about 2 weeks when ever i can, and the only bad thing ive found is the input jack comes loose sometimes. i really need help cause i love the epi/gibson sound, but i playing the ibanez i also love that neck, i own a gibson The Paul from 1989 i believe, and love the neck. (les paul style i mean) the ibanez has a nice neck too. lol please help
You own a lgibson and want to buy an epiphone?

Don't, just play the gibson
sigh...
Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty's are really nice. But why get an Epiphone when you have Gibson? Unless the Gibson isn't the best or you're going to sell it.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
*reported* wrong forum but i did ask nicely to get the thread moved to electric guitar for you

it just doesn't belong in MT it is for theory
song stuck in my head today

well the gibson i have is an old guitar. it has old hardware, and since i was given in by my grandfather i dont let it leave the house. its more of a collector type thing,
well seeing as no one cares anyways the ibanez i think would be better i played an 470 and it was pretty good
song stuck in my head today

I was deciding between an Ibanez RG or an Epiphone SG last year about this time and so I decided to go to my local guitar center and check them out. After getting there I fell in love with the Ibanez's neck, so I ended up with it. I don't regret it for a minute. I'd say it depends on what you want to do with it, but I'd try them out before I bought one.
I was in the same boat as you my friend. I researched for weeks on end (I had a Strat at the time) to find the "perfect" new axe. I came across an Epiphone Custom ebony. Similar to the BB your looking at except it has 2 pickups instead of 3. I would have to say my new Epi is my baby. Awesome guitar, just not good for fast runs. I'd say Black Beauty all the way
Quote by Will_Minus
Columbine sounds like a cool name.

If you want controversy, call your band Seung-Hui Cho & The Tech Students.

Member of Les Paul Liberators
Click here if you have a Les Paul
Quote by xwarnotwords
i've done my research on two guitars that are real eye candy

Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty

Ibanez S470DXQM

ive played the Ibanez already, and loved it, only prob is tuning and changing strings with the trem, however ive been researching the Les Paul for about 2 weeks when ever i can, and the only bad thing ive found is the input jack comes loose sometimes. i really need help cause i love the epi/gibson sound, but i playing the ibanez i also love that neck, i own a gibson The Paul from 1989 i believe, and love the neck. (les paul style i mean) the ibanez has a nice neck too. lol please help

Personally, on that basis, I would get the Ibanez. You've played, loved it, know how it feels in person.

A few things you have to decide...

- You've got a Gibson guitar already, why not branch out into other brands?
- Epiphone Quality Control is generally a tad iffy, so I highly advise going into a guitar store and trying it out, and BUYING the one you tried out. You can get really crap LP's and good ones with Epiphone.
- Do you need a trem? Do you changing tunings often?
- What kind of music do you play? Are you in a band?
- What is your current gear?
- What is your budget? We can recommend you other guitars that may be better for you.
yeah im in a band for a little while now, and i really liked the Ibanez alot, but ive alway wanted the BB, but im just iffy about buying the Epi because i played a few cheaper Epi les pauls and they might as well be made from cardboard. i may very well go with the Ibanez, but i really need to find a store closer to me that carrys the BB so i can try it out cause i heard alot of good things
I personally think an Ibanez S470(DXQM if you want, it's just an extra £50 for a cool look ) and a pickup swap, maybe EMGs / Dimarzios / SD's, will be pretty killer.
yeah i think im gonna go with it, i did play a gibson les paul studio right next to the ibanez, and i still dug the neck, so i think the ibanez is my axe
Quote by black-sabbath
Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty's are really nice. But why get an Epiphone when you have Gibson? Unless the Gibson isn't the best or you're going to sell it.

People Keep in mind that The gibson The paul is a cheap entry level guitar as far as i know i think it's about as good as the faded specials and stuff but then still and epi wouldn't be a downgrade but also not an upgrade unless it's an elitist
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H