i noticed on my squire strat if i held the selector all the way to the left (looking down at it) it would almost act like a kill switch. is it possible to wire it so one of them would act like a kill switch?
Yes you can but I'm not very good with 5 ways so I'm of no help. But, I know its possible.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
Quote by AudioRage8 5 6
i noticed on my squire strat if i held the selector all the way to the left (looking down at it) it would almost act like a kill switch. is it possible to wire it so one of them would act like a kill switch?
Not really.
If you wired the Neck position so it was a kill,
that would also kill the neck + middle position, too.

There's a way you could wire either the #2 position or the #4 position
so that one of them would kill.
this would require rewiring the tone controls differently.
but of course you'd lose either the neck + middle or the middle + neck combination.

if you replaced your selector with a 5-way superswitch,
you can have each of the 5 positions wired to do just about anything you want.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
i dont really care about the middle and neck cuz theyre just the stock squire pups. but thanks for telling me about the superswitch. i do plan on replacing the 2 other pups.
you could also replace a volume or a tone pot with a push/pull pot as a kill switch. or add a mini toggle. this way you're not losing the functionality of the two other pickups.
STUFFZ:
SAGA ST10, IBANEZ(s): '96 ZR140BK (korea), '96 RX20 (indonesia)
Danelectro Cool Cat CC1 Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey
Behringer BX1800A (180w 12" aluminum cone)
FOR SALE: Fender Champion 110 (25w RMS combo 10" with tank reverb)
all you have to do to ge tthe neck position to kill is disconnect the neck pikup from the lug. If you want to keep the neck pickup, but kill the middle pickup, discta-onect the middle, connect the neck to where the middle was, and leav the midle disconnected. Ta-Da! You now have:
1. Bridge
2. Bridge/Neck (Or middle)
3. Neck (or middle)
4. Neck (or middle)
5. killsitch
---▲===
Pink Floyd
Quote by Grimpenguin
all you have to do to ge tthe neck position to kill is disconnect the neck pikup from the lug. If you want to keep the neck pickup, but kill the middle pickup, discta-onect the middle, connect the neck to where the middle was, and leav the midle disconnected. Ta-Da! You now have:
1. Bridge
2. Bridge/Neck (Or middle)
3. Neck (or middle)
4. Neck (or middle)
5. killsitch that hums loudly when using a high gain amp.
*fixed*
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by jedilley
you could also replace a volume or a tone pot with a push/pull pot as a kill switch. or add a mini toggle. this way you're not losing the functionality of the two other pickups.

I concur with the mini-toggle. Bust out a drill and put a hole in the pickgurad and your bueno.
Quote by chikin pickle
I concur with the mini-toggle. Bust out a drill and put a hole in the pickgurad and your bueno.
or just change the wiring to volume and one tone control. the volume control could sit where the neck tone control used to be. the tone control could be where the middle tone was. and the killswitch in the hole where the volume was. no new holes necessary.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
or just change the wiring to volume and one tone control. the volume control could sit where the neck tone control used to be. the tone control could be where the middle tone was. and the killswitch in the hole where the volume was. no new holes necessary.

good idea. the vol. knob is always in my way.