I know I made a guitar with a very thin neck. Without the fretboard it is 5/8" thick. should I be worried about the truss rod since it has to be 7/16" deep of a route?
Yeah, considering the truss would have to rip thorugh an 1/8 inch of wood lol! Without a truss rod it will snap like a twig, with one it will probably rip out the back.

I believe you are up the creek, and some dick wad stole your paddle.

Wait I'm wrong lol. thats 1/4 inch... uhm I honestly don't know. I know you need a truss rod no matter what, strings place about 180lbs. of tension on the neck I think.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Last edited by Øttər at May 20, 2008,
uhh yeah, if you make it to thin, your truss shows, and your neck is ruined...

you shouldnt really be worried, about that since its already done... i hope you laminated your neck atleast, or you have a really nice quartersawn fingerboard or something. you still have a good 3/16 of wood between your truss rod and stuff, and a truss rod is not going to break through.

i just looked at your build, youre laminated, you are good my friend. ottar seriously doesnt know what hes talking about, if you laminated that neck right, you wouldnt even NEED a truss rod to keep it straight, but its always nice to be able to control your relief and such. a glue joint on a neck is the best possible thing for a neck, it can hold ALOT of pressure, especially two
Last edited by HarperCustom at May 20, 2008,
I have a 3 piece laminated maple neck center which it is going through being quarter sawn.