There were some issues with my band members and now it is just me. I sing lead and play A LITTLE rhythm guitar. Can anyone help me find a band that is open to the kind of music and a female lead singer?
Quote by fairywingz86
Can anyone help me find a band that is open to the kind of music and a female lead singer?

What kind of music?

I don't know how old you are, but my best advice is to ask around at school and see who plays instruments or put up a flyer at a local music store that says something along the lines of, "Singer looking for guitarist, bassist, and drummer and then list your influences. Or do both.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Music wise, Mainly rock. Some acoustic. I have originals and lots of covers. Cover stuff like Paramore, Three Days Grace, that kind of stuff. I'm 21 so I am not in school anymore. lol and Alaska is a little far for me. lol Thanks, guys! Anymore advice?
This isn't advice about how to find a band, but, if you haven't already, I strongly advise you to get into the music of Jefferson Airplane.

They're more classic rock than the two modern/grungey sort of bands you mentioned, but there is, for my money, no other band with a female lead singer that is even in the same galaxy as them. Grace Slick's singing is fantastic, the music is fantastic, the male/female voice harmonies they use are beautiful beyond belief.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/