Poll: Jimi Hendrix: overrated or not?
Poll Options
View poll results: Jimi Hendrix: overrated or not?
yes
25 36%
no
42 61%
Voters: 69.
Is Jimi Hendrix overrated? I personally think so. Dont get me wrong he is a great guitarist, legandary. But, he is givin to much attention. He is more known in death than he was in life.
Last edited by Triviumsucks666 at May 20, 2008,
why do people keep making this thread???
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Stop Making These Stupid Fuucking Threads!!!!
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
he was a tad overated but a good musician
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Do you think Jesus is overrated?

No he wasn't (Jimi)
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I think he is. I agree that he is good, but people probably only liked him because he was a great guitarist and like the first lefty.
I don't think so. If I asked random people off the street about Hendrix I guarantee the only thing most people know about him is his early pop hits like Purple Haze, Hey Joe, Fire, All Along The Watchtower, etc.
Ask any successful musician, and i bet you he/she says, as a composer he is not overrated. Thats like asking my orchestra teacher if Beethoven is overrated. As a composer, genius. As a guitarist, amazing, but not the best like everyone says.
No.
He diserves all the credit he gets.
He diserves his legendary status. Much more so than say Cliff Burton.

Love the Low end
i agree with most of you he is not overrated in composing but skill... come on not even a little? definately in skill
Quote by Triviumsucks666
Is Jimi Hendrix overrated? I personally think so. Dont get me wrong he is a great guitarist, legandary. But, he is givin to much attention. He is more known in death than he was in life.

First of all... U SUCK TRIVIUM ****ING ROCKS... Second of all Stfu, all u do is make these threads thay piss people off seriously **** off u ****ty bastard
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
no.

people don't idolize over his techincal ability. he (along with the who, and cream) revolutionized rock n' roll and the electric guitar.

to be the first to do so many things and creat a type of sound and style of play that has been followed through the years and is still followed today by just about every guitarist - that makes him legendary.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by schecter_r0cker
First of all... U SUCK TRIVIUM ****ING ROCKS... Second of all Stfu, all u do is make these threads thay piss people off seriously **** off u ****ty bastard

**** u triium is a ****ty metalcore band thhat call themselves thrash its shhit and i never posted any polls b4 this is my first
Quote by Triviumsucks666
**** u triium is a ****ty metalcore band thhat call themselves thrash its shhit and i never posted any polls b4 this is my first

w/e these threads are beyond unnecessary and u phail at life
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
jimi is not overrated, i understand he does not konw his theory too well at all
but theory doesnt necasrily mean a good musician
he has a lot of feal and power in his music which
connected with his audience more so then other musicians
at the time using a guitar, a reasonable reason to be called a legend
over rated person under rated music if that makes any sense
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Quote by schecter_r0cker
w/e these threads are beyond unnecessary and u phail at life

im not the 1 listening to trivium now am i ha wat else u listen?
he is not overrated. his most technical songs arent even heard or listened to unless your are a huge hendrix fan. plus a lot of his songs are fun to play and always get applause and screams at gigs if you play them. did he know a lot about theory? no, but when you can **** a guitar against an amp and then set it on fire, why would you need to know theory?
*last sentence was a joke btw*
at least he deserves his fame

look at pop stars, do you think any of them deserve any credit or fame. they are the most overrated of all
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Triviumsucks666
im not the 1 listening to trivium now am i ha wat else u listen?

stfu gtfo newb

jk. but dont be rude, you dont like eachothers music, move on
no such thing as an 'overrated' musician, in my opinion. fall out boy is as good as guns n roses. 50 cent as good as hendrix.
He did what he did very well, and I wouldn't compare him to someone like Vai in terms of say, cleanly playing. But he put soul into his music and it sounded good, that's all that mattered.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.