Okay, I am getting a Dunlop Heil Talk Box for my birthday, and I need help on how to set it up.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dunlop-Heil-Talk-Box-151230-i1124464.gc

Any help is appreciated.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
acualy the bottome of the talk box shows how to hook it up. the older ones did atleast. also im sure that it comes with a manual on how to hook it up.
basically, you are going to have to run the auxiliary output from your guitar amp into the input, one output goes another guitar amp or cabinet, and another to the PA you will be using. The tubing runs up the micstand to the end of the microphone. At least as far as my understanding goes.

Basically:
Guitar>amp>pedal>PA & amp/cab (tube to microphone)
Well, my equipment is rather... limited:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Renown Solo Series 450-Watt Amp
cheap First Act 10-Watt amp
Phillips microphone.

I am not planning on using it live or recording it yet, so for the time being I just want to use it for jamming, will I need anything more than what I have?

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Last edited by Spartan070sarge at May 20, 2008,
i think youre better off with a rocktron banshee....or...a more useful pedal really
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Okay, after some more research, I will go for the Rocktron Banshee

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Rocktron-Banshee-Talk-Box-100236706-i1124807.gc

It's between this and the Slash signature Dunlop Cry Baby Wah-Wah pedal:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dunlop-SW-95-Crybaby-Slash-Wah-Pedal-Refurb-103667531-i1124404.gc

I would rather get the talk box.

Quote by John Frusciante
to tell you the truth...a wah is MUCH more useful than a talkbox..but if you really want a talkbox, go for it man
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Well, I'm perfectly open to either, but exactly how is a wah more useful? I thought that a talk box could also serve as a wah.

Quote by John Frusciante
not really. id get the wah unless youre a huge bon jovi, frampton fan lol.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!