Page 1 of 7
So I looked around and I have only found one skateboarding thread, which was not very active. SO: here it is!

Post your favorite skaters, best videos, trick tips, and what tricks you can do!
maybe you could have bumped it.

almost is my fav team, i dont know alot of tricks, my favs are no comply sal flip and axel nose stall fs & bs. im not sure of the correct term for that stall tho. brb gonna go skate
oh and fakie cabs
Quote by theshroomman
maybe you could have bumped it.

almost is my fav team, i dont know alot of tricks, my favs are no comply sal flip and axel nose stall fs & bs. im not sure of the correct term for that stall tho. brb gonna go skate
oh and fakie cabs

My fav. team is probably zero. I can kickflip, heelflip, varial kick, frontside flip, sometimes tre flip, impossible (sorta), fs and bs 180, noseslide, shove-it pivot, etc.

EDIT: Is this worthy of being sticked? And how would I do that?
Last edited by shredder2be93 at May 20, 2008,
iskate.

serious.

its the only thing that can take me from playing guitar....

(Besides food and girls..)
Quote by plasticGuitar
Kickflip is about it.. Tre flip too hard!

therr actually quite easy once you can get the form down..

i can now literally do mine on impulse...
PlasticGuitar: Don't worry, tre flips take a lot of time, I can only do them sometimes. You should try varial kickflips. They feel awesome once you get them down. My best tip for these is point your front foot at a greater angle, and put less of your foot on the board.
I haven't skated in weeks, mainly due to me being too lazy to buy a new board.

I' getting one this weekend, so it's all good

tricks:
Kickflip
Heelflip
180 both ways
fakie cabs
shuvs
varial kick

Been working on tre's for a year. It seems like every time I'm super close to getting it, I snap my board or take a break from skating

EDIT:

Also for tre's, every time I go for it my front foot is always landing ahead of the deck. How do I stop this?
Quote by shredder2be93
Havox, Do you mean it is landing earlier or you land and your foot is in front of it?

I land and my foot is in front of it.
I started again after quiting for like 9 years.
Ive noticed skateboarding is way more about standing around being cool and wearing ugly clothing than actually skateboarding nowadays.Also ive noticed it is hard to find Hookups skateboards, and when you do its a terrible selection.I can find a ton of "high tech" skateboards tho.Whats wrong with normal skateboards?

Also skateboarders at the local skatepark are real dicks now.I showed up and instead of being nice, they were all assholes.I remember when everybody (whether you were a stranger or not) were friends because of skateboarding and would just go skate.Now everybodys a badass and will kick your ass for looking at their plaid shoes and tight pants.
Maybe its just my park, but still its really stupid.

Skate videos?
Ive seen several new ones.The best are still Toy Machine Jump off a Building and Rodney Mullen Vs Daewon Song round 2.

I still love skating.I get the same feeling of accomplishment and happiness from it as I do from playing guitar.
i stopped for a while cause of school. i still need to learn to kickflip help with that?

anyway summer in 2 weeks. during that i plan on spending a good majority trying to learn.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
i've just started to skateboard...i've got the whole kick-push thing down. but i still have some balance problems.

my board costs me freakin 140$
are all the "completes" that expensive?
the store i got it from only had one all put together
Quote by Gates67
I started again after quiting for like 9 years.
Ive noticed skateboarding is way more about standing around being cool and wearing ugly clothing than actually skateboarding nowadays.Also ive noticed it is hard to find Hookups skateboards, and when you do its a terrible selection.I can find a ton of "high tech" skateboards tho.Whats wrong with normal skateboards?

Also skateboarders at the local skatepark are real dicks now.I showed up and instead of being nice, they were all assholes.I remember when everybody (whether you were a stranger or not) were friends because of skateboarding and would just go skate.Now everybodys a badass and will kick your ass for looking at their plaid shoes and tight pants.
Maybe its just my park, but still its really stupid.

I haven't been skateboarding for 9 years ( I remember Hook-ups though )but I've noticed kids at my local park go from normal sized pant to tight pants. Tight pants aren't bad but when your paying over $50 for a pair of Krew pants to look cool its ridiculous. Kids are definitely progressing a lot but there are a lot of kids who don't skate because it's fun. They just want to get sponsored and be cool cus they skate. Usually I don't say anything unless they are saying stuff... I just try not to get involved.
if you buy completes from a name brand it;s gonna cost you.IT's much better to learn to put boards together and it;s really simple. i buy blanks and put them together myself. saves so much and you can customize to your liking. plus once you buy all the pieces one time, you'll only really have to buy a new blank deck rather than a whole new board.

Also i have big problem. I;ve been skating on and off for a bout 4 years, but never really took the time to go skate every day with skaters who are better than me until recently. and every time i go to ollie, my board turns about 90 degrees. i can ollie pretty high but i cannot for the life of me stop turning. I guess it;alright if i want to do 180's forever but i want to be abelt to just do a normal ollie.
Old king cole was a merry old soul, a merry old soul was he.
He called for his pipe, and he called for his bowl( ****ing stoner)
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.
Quote by Dumpweedrock
if you buy completes from a name brand it;s gonna cost you.IT's much better to learn to put boards together and it;s really simple. i buy blanks and put them together myself. saves so much and you can customize to your liking. plus once you buy all the pieces one time, you'll only really have to buy a new blank deck rather than a whole new board.

Also i have big problem. I;ve been skating on and off for a bout 4 years, but never really took the time to go skate every day with skaters who are better than me until recently. and every time i go to ollie, my board turns about 90 degrees. i can ollie pretty high but i cannot for the life of me stop turning. I guess it;alright if i want to do 180's forever but i want to be abelt to just do a normal ollie.

Yeah name brand completes can be pricey but ive found on ebay loads that are pretty cheap!

With your problem, you may be swinging your legs too much when doing the ollie motion, by this i mean moving them back or forth making the board spin. For a normal ollie you just want a fluid motion with your legs going up n down. Or you could just do 180 ollies all the time
As far as completes go, I usually shop at this site: http://www.ccs.com

They have great prices, and if you are low on money, look at their clearance stuff. Decks can get down to around $20. It also lets you build your own custom complete.

Its an awesome site, and I've ordered from them about 4 times.
Quote by Dumpweedrock

Maybe you're opening your shoulders when you ollie? try and keep you shoulders aligned with the length of your board...if you catch my drift (not entirely sure though)

I haven't skated in a while! I can really only do the basics - Ollie, Kickflip, Heelflip, Varial kick flip, 180's and half cabs and fakie flips. Haha not many tricks at all!

My favorite trick might be the Big Spin Flip, and PJ Ladd or Paul Rodriguez would be some of my faves, but I don't follow it like I used to. I'm riding a Zero Rattray deck with Tensor's and Ricta Naturals
I can pump on a mini ramp, I just started for two weeks.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
I skate a Zero silver striped deck, with Bones Red bearings, Independent trucks, Zero Grip, and Ryan Sheckler Bones stf Wheels. (I didn't want the Ryan Sheckler ones but that was all they had)
iskate.

idk what to say though.

im not bad.

i just got hardflips.

i can do most of the common tricks.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
just started up again, snowboarding took up all my time, and then i had finals and other school crap... i suck at skating but im a beast on the snow.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Like I said earlier, I'm a noob at the skateboarding scene. I have been to our local skatepark and yeah the guys there are anuses.

I'm 6'5 and I weigh 260...and it hurts when I fall...really bad.
Which brings me to another topic, do you guys think that you can be too big or too small to skate well.
Quote by sobrandnew2232
Like I said earlier, I'm a noob at the skateboarding scene. I have been to our local skatepark and yeah the guys there are anuses.

I'm 6'5 and I weigh 260...and it hurts when I fall...really bad.
Which brings me to another topic, do you guys think that you can be too big or too small to skate well.

Nah you don't have to be good to be a skater. Just have fun!
i've been going at least once a week since it's been warm enough. i got pop shuvits, fakie pop shoves, sometimes kickflips and heelflips down, working on inward heels, varial kickflips, and fakie bigspins. last week i was able to consistantly land the 4 set at the skatepark i go to, which is considerably harder than on the street since its difficult to get enough speed with their setup. btw the biggest stair set you landed could be another thing to mention
Quote by rage6945
girls dont get braces in their vaginas buddy
I skate!! i started landing tres and double kickflips really good. Its hard being a skater in AZ. Its hot as hell. I noticed lately on stairs if you dont chicken out and think your going to land it. You will. First try. At least for me. A trick that is kicking my ass is switch varial heel.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-
I use to skate back in the good 'ol days. I had zero board with krux trucks, bones swiss bearings, and autobahn wheels. I pay A LOT of money for it, and ended up selling it for about $30.
I could ollie about 1 deck high before I quit (only because it was about the only trick I did) and I learned how to shove-it. Not too bad for about a 1 and 1/2 months of skating.

EDIT: I also learned to drop in.
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
Quote by Dilweed

EDIT: I also learned to drop in.

I love how people first try to drop in. I tell them not to lean back. and they do..
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-