I heard this song on a commercial for a children's miracle walk and tracked the artist down. Finally, i realized he's a very smart guy and has other songs with a really good meaning to it
The song in the commercial was the most moving, and i cant find the tab, and its in a tough key for me to figure it out myself with the bass notes in the back aswell playing it fingerstyle
anyways, any help with the tab for the song would be greatly appreciated
thanks so much!
SwordsAndAxesMakeYouAGoodFighter

ButTrustAndLoyaltyMakeYouAGoodFriend.....

the tuning is D (DADF#AD) but 1 fret back (Db Ab Db F Ab Db)
the song has 2 parts, (II) sometimes is repeated..

(I)
Db|-----------------0------------------0--------------------0-----------------0---|
Ab|---------0-----------------0---------------------0-----------------0-----------|
F|---------------0------------------0--------------------1-----------------1-------|
Db|----------------------0----------------------------------------2----------------|
Ab|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Db|----0--------------------------------------2------------------------------------|

Db|-----------------0------------------0-------------------0---------------0------|
Ab|---------0-----------------0--------------------0----------------0-------------|
F|---------------0------------------0-------------------0---------------7----------|
Db|----------------------0----------------------------------------------------------|
Ab|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Db|----0--------------------------------------9-----------------7------------------|

(II)
Db|-----0-------------------------0------------------------------0--------------------------------0---|
Ab|------------------0------------------------------0------------------------------0-------------------|
F|---------------1-------1-----------------------3------3---------------------5-------5---------------|
Db|---------2----------------2-------------4---------------4------------5------------------5---------|
Ab|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Db|-----2-----------------------------4------------------------------5---------------------------------|
Last edited by crmrz at May 22, 2008,
I'm in the process of trying to tab it but I found that the notes can be played in standard tuning, Capo 1
The bass notes that I'm trying to base the chords off are

A|-3----------3----0----------------------------------------------------------||
E|------0-------------3-------------------------------------------------------||

With that in mind I'm trying some finger picking in the chord progression of C, E(or something I don't know to be honest), C and then the two last notes

I think I kind of have an idea for the chorus as well but unfortunately I'm not very good at music theory and knowing this by ear, so this is pretty much guess work for me.
I did figure out the capo 1 by trying to find a chord form that supports the notes he's playing at the start. I found this to be a C with capo 1.
Post it when you figure it out, cuz i want it too, and i suck at tabbing my own tabs
thanks to anyone who even gives it a shot
ive messed around with it myself in standard tuning but no luck with the full song and tabs yet
SwordsAndAxesMakeYouAGoodFighter

ButTrustAndLoyaltyMakeYouAGoodFriend.....

here's what i got for the intro... tune 6th string (low E) down a full step to D, then 2nd string up a half step (B to C) then capo first fret

E|-----------------------------------
C|-------0------0-------0-------0----
G|---0-------0------0-------0--------
D|-----2-------2------3-------3------
A|-3-------3-------------------------
D|----------------0-------0----------

E|-----------------------------------
C|-------0------0-------0-------0----
G|---0-------0------0---------4------
D|-----2-------2---------------------
A|-3-------3----------7-----5--------
D|----------------7-------5----------

there is probably a better way to tune it, but thats my 5min worth.. enjoy
Bumping this thread for GREAT justice, I just learned I'm a br00t@lz tabber, so someone must finish.
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
I tried and put some of crmrz's tabbing onto guitar pro 5, and put it up for everybody. I'm not 100% satisfied with the sound though.

edit: Just tabbed acarruth's tabbing with GP5 as well, and will upload it too. I like the his post better.
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jimmer1720 at May 24, 2009,
Anyone try my GP5 files yet?

Any good?