Page 1 of 2
So what are things you hate about your favorite songs?

For me, how theres two minutes of static after Mother Russia. I forget about it, and then theres no music until "WHOOOOOOOOOOSH" when the louder static starts.
The fact that the song will eventually end.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
That all other songs seem like crap compared to it.

Metropolis part one FTW!
Quote by dudetheman
That's....

an abomination. It's like a BC Rich had sex with an Ibanez, had an abortion, and it survived on the side of the road eating roadkill and drinking it's own urine.

Most metal guitar ever. Period.
Zakk Wylde's soloing on Hangover Music Vol. VI. That album was stellar, but he pretty much killed the mood on a good half of the songs with random, tasteless shred.
the fact that everyone listens to them and thinks they know them now because they are in guitar hero or rock band :/
Black Sabbath-Symptom Of The Universe,is one of the heaviest,badass,songs ever,but at the end it gets all hippy-like.
there is a part in btbam - White Walls where they start a really heavy 'breakdown' of sorts, but only do it once and it leaves me hanging EVERY time.. they really needed to repeat it.
I love snow hey oh by the chili peppers but it was almost ruined for me by the outrageous amount of radio play it got.
Paul Gilbert
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
John Petrucci
Quote by Sabbath89
The fact that the song will eventually end.

this man makes a very good point. kudo's to you sir.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Quote by punkbri
Black Sabbath-Symptom Of The Universe,is one of the heaviest,badass,songs ever,but at the end it gets all hippy-like.

...and still retains its epicness.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
King Crimson - Moonchild - I hate how the lyrics end when the song has 10 minutes left and then it's just them playing around basically.

But I have chills for the first 2 minutes.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Last edited by MedicreDemon at May 20, 2008,
the 1 min and 15 odd seconds of nothing at the beginning of holy diver. I mean, wtf is with that? no one listens to that song because they enjoy the first 1 min 15 secs, people want to hear the dun-du-du-dun-du-du-dun-DUN-DUN guitar riff and Dio ( oh my freaking god DIO!!! hell yeah mother****a) scream HOLY DIVER!!!! YOU"VE BEEN GONE TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA, OH DON'T YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN?!?!?!!?

sorry I got a little too excited...
Quote by Waff
I hate how overplayed Stairway to Heaven is. It's my favorite song. I've never had a song touch me so much emotionally like Stairway. It truly is a shame that it's so overplayed that one is ridiculed for liking the song.

You know, for as much as I've heard UGers say Stairway is way overplayed, I have yet to hear other than youtube or my ipod/

For me it's usually the cheesy lyrics that take away from the song, or in the process of learning one of those songs, how you have to play your favorite riff a million times before you have it down flawlessly, and when you do, you're sick of the song.
Quote by branflakes439
the fact that everyone listens to them and thinks they know them now because they are in guitar hero or rock band :/

BAM!

It annoys the hell out of me when I mention a band like Soundgarden, AiC, or Rush, then people say how big of fans they are of the band after hearing their song on some video game.
Quote by Myou249
BAM!

It annoys the hell out of me when I mention a band like Soundgarden, AiC, or Rush, then people say how big of fans they are of the band after hearing their song on some video game.

To be fair, I only got into Rush after hearing YYZ on GH2
Quote by Myou249
BAM!

I have the opposite problem. Everytime I mention a Musician or DJ I listen to I have to explain what genre it is and that I found it some shady Russian website.
I will poses your heart-Death Cab For Cutie.

LOOOOOOOOOOOONG ass intro. I both like it and hate it though.

American Idiot used to be my favorite album until MTV played the living sh*t out of it.
Dont flame, I like Green Day.
?!
Quote by Havox
To be fair, I only got into Rush after hearing YYZ on GH2

Eh, im talking about when you are in the midst of a conversation about a band, and some random guy walks up and starts saying how thats his favorite band, yet he has only heard one song by them, and that song happens to be on GH.
Quote by Myou249
Eh, im talking about when you are in the midst of a conversation about a band, and some random guy walks up and starts saying how thats his favorite band, yet he has only heard one song by them, and that song happens to be on GH.

Oh, yeah that's kind of annoying.

It also pisses me off when my favorite song from a band is from guitar hero. Whenever I say it's my favorite, someone always has to say that I play too much guitar hero (which I don't even play)
Quote by Waff
I hate how overplayed Stairway to Heaven is. It's my favorite song. I've never had a song touch me so much emotionally like Stairway. It truly is a shame that it's so overplayed that one is ridiculed for liking the song.

Agreed to no end.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by Gerald The Mous
Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley.

It's like I Rick Roll myself every time I listen to it. D:

That made me chuckle

good job.
I hate that I didn't write Break on Through - the Doors
"Life is just a ride... just a ride" - Bill Hicks
Quote by Havox
Oh, yeah that's kind of annoying.

It also pisses me off when my favorite song from a band is from guitar hero. Whenever I say it's my favorite, someone always has to say that I play too much guitar hero (which I don't even play)

Yeah. I have split opinions of the game.

I feel like the people who play it may be able to widen their sense of music, and discover that not everything that isn't mainstream is crap.

But like I said, I also hate it when people who are total douchebags go out and brag how much they like a certan band just because they heard one of their songs off of GH or Rock Band.
Quote by Myou249
Yeah. I have split opinions of the game.

I feel like the people who play it may be able to widen their sense of music, and discover that not everything that isn't mainstream is crap.

But like I said, I also hate it when people who are total douchebags go out and brag how much they like a certan band just because they heard one of their songs off of GH or Rock Band.

I agree.

I do think it's hilarious that people like Buckethead and Eric Johnson are completely unknown by most people until they make their grand appearance on guitar hero.
Quote by Leonheart
I'll agree with this.

Also, on Unicorn by Andrew Jackson Jihad there's a high pitched sound on the left speaker that plays in the chorus. Drives me crazy.

Isn't it "Unicron"?

Not really songs I LOVE. But I'd probably like Husker Du a lot more if they didn't use the same distorted guitar tone in every song. Maybe it's just the album I have.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by zeppelinfreak51
So what are things you hate about your favorite songs?

For me, how theres two minutes of static after Mother Russia. I forget about it, and then theres no music until "WHOOOOOOOOOOSH" when the louder static starts.

+10000000000000000.9
Quote by Havox
You know, for as much as I've heard UGers say Stairway is way overplayed, I have yet to hear other than youtube or my ipod/

For me it's usually the cheesy lyrics that take away from the song, or in the process of learning one of those songs, how you have to play your favorite riff a million times before you have it down flawlessly, and when you do, you're sick of the song.

The thing is, it's so overplayed, that it's underplayed. So many bands have covered stairway. Plant became sick of it because he's sang it THOUSANDS of times. Listen to the early live performances of stairway. Then listen to the more recent ones. You can tell Plant is sick of singing it. He puts in way less emotion than he used to.

At battle of the bands a few weeks ago whenever a band would stop for a min to tune their guitars people would jokingly say "PLAY STAIRWAY TO HEVEN LOL!!! FREEEE BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRD!". I have a sense of humor, and I thought it was funny because the songs ARE overplayed... But I really wouldn't mind if someone covered one of those songs. They're good songs. I'd love to play stairway in front of a huge audience. I've heard it thousands, upon thousands of times, and I've never gotten tired of it. I still get a chill down my spine during the first bend of the solo. Listen to Plant sing. NOBODY can sing like him.. Nobody...
That I will never be able to write or play what is possibly considered the GREATEST, or at least one of the most well known tunes in history.

I speak, of course, of Toccata and Fugue in Dm.

Honestly, I have yet to meet anyone who has never heard at least the opening line. Do you think Bach sat down and said to himself, "you know what...I think I'll write the most recognizable tune for the rest of human exist"?
Quote by RU Experienced?
I agree.

I do think it's hilarious that people like Buckethead and Eric Johnson are completely unknown by most people until they make their grand appearance on guitar hero.

I didnt really check out eric johnson until after i played gh3 and my guitar teacher mentioned him but I have all his albums now and I love everything about his songs... manhattan and trademark are my favourites and I noticed a while ago he actually plays desert rose on my eric clapton crossroads dvd. So maybe I did really notice him around gh3 but i wouldn't say the game got me into his music more like after noticing the intital song I searched for more and that's how i got into him. Either way I absoultely love his music.
Oh and I hate how I have to change my tuning to play almost every QOTSA song lol a minor thing i know but whatever.
Quote by Waff
The thing is, it's so overplayed, that it's underplayed. So many bands have covered stairway. Plant became sick of it because he's sang it THOUSANDS of times. Listen to the early live performances of stairway. Then listen to the more recent ones. You can tell Plant is sick of singing it. He puts in way less emotion than he used to.

Exactly. It WAS overplayed, but now it's never played on any of the stations I listen to, stations which play Zeppelin quite frequently, except for on things like "Get the Led out" where they play a few Zeppelin songs in a row. It's kind of like We Will Rock You by Queen, everybody says it's overplayed, but I have NEVER heard it on the radio in my life. It's been played so much in the past that they don't want to play it anymore.

Stairway and songs in the same situation might be played all the time in other locations, but it's hardly every played where I live and the song is still amazing every time I hear it.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by Waff

Exactly.....a truly brilliant song that is now unfairly treated as some sort of laughable cliché. Even by Plant himself....

But anyway....well, my favourite song is Achilles Last Stand, and it does bug me a little that one of the "ah-ah-aah" sections repeats itself randomly one time more than it should. Always seems pretty unnecessary....
California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain, Honolulu star-bright, the song remains the same.

Casting quarters into wells that hold our dreams.

Believe in the freedom of music.

With our love, we could save the world.
Quote by CT32
Zakk Wylde's soloing on Hangover Music Vol. VI. That album was stellar, but he pretty much killed the mood on a good half of the songs with random, tasteless shred.

i definately agree
there were some killer solos on that album though

its good until you're sitting and all of a sudden hear a Marshall turn on in the background
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
It annoys me how close together the first and second choruses of Born by Nevermore are. They should be massive climaxes but since they're so close together they kind of aren't.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Page 1 of 2