Page 3 of 14
Quote by Resiliance
Let me guess... you'll be the one in the black t-shirt?

hmmm.. you sir have a very clear point there
nah, I'll be part of a group who all wear surgeon masks.. don't ask me why though

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by Resiliance
Let me guess... you'll be the one in the black t-shirt?

Good pun

Anyway, I hate people dissing Malmsteen. The guys great and makes amazing music, so original etc.

Perhaps if they actually took the time to read interviews etc... Oh well I doubt they can even name a song.

He's on tour in July so I might/hope to see him!!
The other thing I notice is how people praise players like Alexi laiho or the guys from trivium and then turn around and say Malmsteen is overrated and a terrible player...

Then you wonder where all of those licks came from in the first place?

You guessed it Yngwie

Thats the problem with alot of the younger people they havent a clue of the source material where all of this stuff came from in the first place. If they did they'd have alot more appreciation for his playing.
yeh i hate when people bash yngwie too

the guy is quite possibly one of the most original players i've ever heard
Top lel.
it really sucks that most of yngwie's songs have those cheesy vocals in them. he really needs to do a fully instrumental album, he is such a great neo classical guitarist even if he is a prick (he is nothing compared to jason becker though)
Quote by v2a2n2g2
it really sucks that most of yngwie's songs have those cheesy vocals in them. he really needs to do a fully instrumental album, he is such a great neo classical guitarist even if he is a prick (he is nothing compared to jason becker though)

do you mean in levels of prickishness or skill?

because somebody else recently said to me that becker was a sack
lol
Top lel.
lol the skill apparently, jason becker is cool he is far from being a prick
Quote by v2a2n2g2
lol the skill apparently, jason becker is cool he is far from being a prick

oh right...
lol
Top lel.
Becker may have been a better sweep picker than Yngwie, but overall he was not as technically skilled.
i havent heard much of yngwies stuff. But what i have heard is Arpeggios from hell and rising force pretty awesome stuff
Quote by Silky Smooth
Yeah I agree

Yngwie's got the smoooothness to his playing

+1
yngwie is actually so smooth and it makes it sound REALLY effortless
Top lel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kbBn4O-tdo

Footage from the London Music Show last weekend. Looking pretty good I must admit.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by the memory
+1
yngwie is actually so smooth and it makes it sound REALLY effortless

Yes, that's what I really like about his songs, specially in Odyssey, for example Deja Vu or Dreaming have that smooth yet awesome solo that sounds easy yet is hard.
Quote by MetalMusicianAl
how does he play rising force >_<. anybody got any tips? i pull-off,but i don't understand how to play the intro to the solo.

I believe its a 2 string pattern

You have to practice getting the sweeping motion down
I like some of the things he writes but I don't like him for some reason. His facial expressions and everything. I don't know what...also did anyone notice a bad anchoring habit? It looks like he anchors...Watch the ring finger.
Quote by wil
Yukk, what a mess. Find some 80s footage of him.

I know it's not that good but compared to some of the stuff that isn't either 80s or very new it's not that bad; he's getting better, or at least I think so.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah I thought so too

Sounded like he's getting his chops back up to par, maybe working on this new album has made him woodshed lil more.
I think modern Yngwie is really getting up to speed. Those guitar show things never do the guitarists justice for a whole host of reasons.

Saw some recent ones of MR Gilbert, they were OKAY.. saw him live, HOLY ****!

Is anyone seeing him on his UK tour? I have two days to get something sorted.

Edit - I really wanna ****ing see Yngwie. I might go on my own?....

Quote by Nacho Cheese!
I like some of the things he writes but I don't like him for some reason. His facial expressions and everything. I don't know what...also did anyone notice a bad anchoring habit? It looks like he anchors...Watch the ring finger.

His technique is/was flawless, as far as I am concerned. The sound he has as others have said is almost effortless. Really great ****.
Last edited by Jackolas at Jul 5, 2008,
Quote by Jackolas

His technique is/was flawless, as far as I am concerned. The sound he has as others have said is almost effortless. Really great ****.

For the most part yeah and I don't care much about anchoring. I was just pointing it out.
Quote by Jackolas

Is anyone seeing him on his UK tour? I have two days to get something sorted.

Edit - I really wanna ****ing see Yngwie. I might go on my own?....

Saw him last week. Man, does Ripper Owens have some great pipes... Unfortunately Yngwie overdid it on the delay pedal echo etude stuff and general wanking, more than the previous time I saw him. The bad mix didn't help either.

He's still much better than most of you give him credit for though, technically. YouTube videos don't cut it.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Yeah I wonder what made him start favoring so much verb & delay latley? Most all of his old material had a really clean signal
Quote by Resiliance
The bad mix didn't help either.

Last time I saw him he had like 20 Marshall full stacks and everything I could hear was Yngwie's guitar.
Quote by Stratwizard
Last time I saw him he had like 20 Marshall full stacks and everything I could hear was Yngwie's guitar.

He always has 10592034592035 Marshall stacks... Only one is on though

Quote by Silky Smooth
Yeah I wonder what made him start favoring so much verb & delay latley? Most all of his old material had a really clean signal

No... I don't mean he uses a lot of reverb or delay. I mean he does his echo etude thing, using a delay pedal.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Oh yeah for sure

I just meant most of the newer material I have seen is heavily saturated compared to his early live stuff
MOTHER OF GOD.............

last night was insane
yngwie was on form and his cover of Rainbow was incredible!
"gates of babylon" FTW

i got my ticket signed afterwards without meeting him though
dick was "ill", so one item from each person was taken onto the bus
i had to fight to get a signed ticket back
Top lel.
Well, Yngwie inspired me to practice guitar, so he is overall my greatest influence and guitar hero even if i am over the whole 'neoclassical super shred' business.

I still remember the first time hearing his tone... mindblowing.

Then, his bends and vibrato. Flawless.

I still have his instructional dvds. Might whip them up sometime again to relieve some old memories.... sitting down with a metronome learning one string alt picking licks...
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
yah i remember when i first heard yngwie too

totally incredible
i mustve been about 15 i think
cause it was around the same time i got into racer x
Top lel.
i dont think any shred i've heard since has had that mindblowing effect yngwie had on me.

Then again, if I'd never heard of Yngwie, and was exposed to Guthrie Govan first... things might have been different :p
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
So... Has anyone here learned Evil Eye? I'm learning it now. It really fun to play.

I had to post here.. My thread in Musician talk was closed.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
nah ive never tried evil eye

i worked out most of "ill see the light tonight" by ear though, apart from the solo obviously!
i know some of far beyond the sun too, but theres no point claiming i can play it, cause im not even close to how good yngwie is haha
Top lel.
i'm not either, but you should try Evil Eye. It's really fun, and it sounds like you're a beast even though it's not that hard. But it's not easy either.....
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Hi guys Me and my son are going to see Yngwie in newcastle on monday .I haven`t heard a lot of his stuff. The question is are we in for a treat?