Page 5 of 14
Well at least everyone picked up on the Yng - Becker thing.

I haven't heard it yet....

I like his stuff from Eclipse (especially the title track) because it had a different feel to it than the "recycled" licks he uses A LOT.
hue
i didnt know it was Ripper Ownes. After listening to the Outworold album alot, i must say that was proly his worst work.

lmao to DajFory's quote. i doubt his ego will ever downsize.

Imagine getting KO'd by a swedish man exiting his porsche in leather pants and a half buttoned leather jacket with sunglasses and long hair.
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
when is the new album out?

or has it come out and my lack of a computer has prevented me from hearing it?
Top lel.
It's out now and, uh... we're kinda discussing it.

Though I think the actual release date for some countries is later this week?
Quote by seymour_jackson

Imagine getting KO'd by a swedish man exiting his porsche in leather pants and a half buttoned leather jacket with sunglasses and long hair.

I'm pretty sure the UG staff has a natural hatred for Yngwie. Those quotes on his feature on the front page where taken way out of context. I think they way he says things comes across wrong in text from, because if anyone knows of him well and has seen his videos he dosent really take anything too seriously. Not to mention i've heard him compliment other players quite often.
What are peoples favourite tracks from the new album? I'm really enjoying it after only 1 or 2 listens.

I like death dealer alot, I thought it was cool he used that chromatic diminished lick that he does on the "full shred" video on youtube.

Preist of the unholy is a great song too, I really like the ending parts of it. I like em all really I think the albums great!
sorry, im totally out the loop lol
ill try check it out soon

not got my own computer cause my hard-drive decided to fail on me
Top lel.
Just got back from his show tonight and it was amazing

He's really back on his game for playing clean, and his tone was insane live I was about 5 feet away from him at the front of the stage! He played alot of his new songs and opened with death dealer.

Ripper was just killin it too.. my god that man can sing!
Quote by Steelheart
Malmsteen is certainly the A to Z of Neo-classical.

Maestro Alex Gregory?

Cacophony?

Tony MacAlpine?
hue
Quote by Steelheart
Malmsteen is certainly the A to Z of Neo-classical.

I wonder if we could come up with an actual A to Z of neo-classical...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Holy crap! Yngwie's playing is superb! Death Dealer is great, and Tim Owens really knows how to sing! In Damnation Game, the lyrics could've been beefed up, like not repeating the title track in the beginning... Bass, drums and keyboard are tight as hell! Bass player is really special too!

Looking forward to hearing more!
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
If he plays in London next year, I'd definitely consider seeing him again. He put on a cracker of a show at Hammersmith (my old favourite!) back in '05, playing just about every classic I could've hoped for - even Demon Driver, fook yeah!!!!
Last edited by DaFjory at Oct 20, 2008,
Yeah!! Demon driver last night was badass!

Was funny too for some reason the light man wouldnt put a spot light on him when it was just him and his ovation guitar. He yelled up into the balchony and told em to "Put on some foooking lights down here!" hahaha was awesome!
Uh-oh. Those morons had better do as he says, otherwise he'll...

RELEASE THE FOCKING FJORY!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Just grabbed myself an original release of Magnum Opus [with the blue and green cover], which should hopefully be with me soon. Only Facing The Animal and Concerto Suite to go after that. Then my collection is complete.)
Last edited by DaFjory at Oct 21, 2008,
Wow the first page of this thread is pretty cool, apparently we are all "Tone Deaf" now since we listen to The Malmsteen. On a side note, wish i could of had the opportunity to see him live hopefully soon...

It's hard for me to say what my "favorite" instrumental by him would be, I mean there are so many options: FBTS, Demon Driver, Evil Eye, Ship of Fools has a good sound to it, even though it has vocals. Another song I recently added to my collection is Treasure From the East, it has a cool opening riff.

Yngwie recycles riffs, right?

Because the riff in "Damnation Game" is similar to the riff in "I'll See The Light, Tonight" in his Marching Out album, and another song which I can't remember now is also similar to another.
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth

Quote by Smeak
Wow the first page of this thread is pretty cool, apparently we are all "Tone Deaf" now since we listen to The Malmsteen. On a side note, wish i could of had the opportunity to see him live hopefully soon...

It's hard for me to say what my "favorite" instrumental by him would be, I mean there are so many options: FBTS, Demon Driver, Evil Eye, Ship of Fools has a good sound to it, even though it has vocals. Another song I recently added to my collection is Treasure From the East, it has a cool opening riff.

Seeing him live is the best, he really knows how to put on a show. He's got some of the best stage presence ever thats for sure.

As far instrumental goes how about Amberdawn? Thats a great track with some great melodic playing on it.
My favourite instrumental of his has got to be Marching Out. If ever there were naysayers who say he can't play with feeling... well, that's the song with which to prove them wrong. There's a slidey-slidey legato/whammy phrase that he does towards the end which I think is breathtakingly gorgeous. That's about as emotional, playing-wise, as I've ever heard him. He's really singing with that guitar!
The solo on "cross the line" is amazing too

One of his very best as far as feel goes
Does anyone else find "Red Devil" very enjoyable?
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Quote by seymour_jackson

Mmm... It's ok.

Death Dealer and Caprici di Diablo though, really good.
Quote by DiminishedFifth

When Malmsteen decides to write a happy song in a major key WWWIII happens LMAO!
But seriously has Malmsteen ever written a song in a major key or EVEN A LICK??
Well although its not a key, the 3rd mode of the harmonic minor scale is major with a #5th so i would say he had to use some major lick somewhere along the lines.

but honestly, who knows? I doubt YJM himself knows lol
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Quote by seymour_jackson
Well although its not a key, the 3rd mode of the harmonic minor scale is major with a #5th so i would say he had to use some major lick somewhere along the lines.

but honestly, who knows? I doubt YJM himself knows lol

Your avatar is just phenomenal. I just had to say that.
Quote by DiminishedFifth

why thank you =) JB is the man! Equivalent of Dave Mustaine IMO
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Quote by seymour_jackson

Yeah thats a great song

Was awesome live! He brought out his old red strat for that song too!
My junk hardening song of choice by Malmsteen has always been Now your ships are burned.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Thats an underrated song of his

The solos on that are killer, fantastic phrasing.
I am a viking rules. Soto is just incredibly under-rated, but as for Yngwie, Over-rated like hell. he had a few good albums, but just died away because he did the same thing over and over.
I agree with you there. Yngwie says he only ever listens to Bach or Queen nowdays. Perpetual Flame shows that.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Icarus dream suitae is my fave
Quote by gun4hire
ugh, you cant rape someone with a pineapple because that would assume that someone doesnt want to have sex with a pineapple, which is impossible

Quote by Jackal58
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Especially an ignorant law.
Quote by DaFjory
Intro melody to Smoke And Mirrors by Symphony X - blatantly ripped off from the Demon Driver solo.

Haha theres a lot of people who have jacked that one
Another one is the intro to Devil In Disguise, which is ripped off by Statovarius in their intro to Eternity.

People hate the ol' Yngster, yet love to nick his licks.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
I agree with you there. Yngwie says he only ever listens to Bach or Queen nowdays. Perpetual Flame shows that.
perpetual flame, ah what a crap album.

A: the title reminds me somewhat of Perpetual Burn by Jason Becker, which we all know, is the real deal when it comes to shred.
B: the cover...
C: most of the songs sound the same, as they do on all his albums.
Ok, ok, does anyone agree that the solo from "Eleventh Hour" is crazy?

He fricken pauses between notes at around 6:20 on the track. My heart seriously stopped in those beats.
Quote by DiminishedFifth