Ok, so whenever I record something directly (from the Mic In-input) there is a delay before the recording starts, which is very frustrating because i have to keep lining up the tracks i record, and sometimes it's difficult to get it perfect. I don't think its from a buffer. Also it happens on every recording software I use.

Help Please?
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
Your sound card is not a low-latency device. Download the ASIO4ALL driver, and see if this helps.
You think it would help if I got a USB preamp?
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
It may be a setting on the software itself...see if there's a latency adjustment setting. Try to reduce that to the point where it doesn't click but is easier to play along with. You may also want to reduce the workload on your computer by temporarily bypassing plugins.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Try adjusting the software settings first and download Asio to help some more but if you want great quality with low latency monitoring I would tend to go for an Audio Interface. You can get one for $100 new these days.

Your delay is called Latency, The delay from when you hit a string on the guitar or instrument to the point you hear it on the speakers. The best way to counter this problem IMO is with an interface.
I agree. You'll achieve better sound quality with an interface anyway, as well as dealing with the latency.
There is poetry in despair.