I have a fender hot rod deluxe tube amp and I bought it last week at guitar center. Today i was playing and all the sudden the sound started to fade from the amp and then buzz then it shut off. I tried turning it back on after a couple of minutes and it hasn't turned on since.

My questions are these

1) If you blow a tube does the amp not turn on?

2) Is there a solution to this problem I can try

I always let the amp warm up before playing so I'm not sure if its a defective amp or what

3) Would guitar center give me an exchange?
yea its less than 30 days old take it back and it sounds like a power problem maybe a transistor
Quote by selkies
yea its less than 30 days old take it back and it sounds like a power problem maybe a transistor

ok thanks I was really worried that i just blew 700 bucks
It's not the tubes. Sounds like something more serious. This are usually sturdy amps. If GC doesn't help you that thing should have a 5 year warranty from fender.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
It's not the tubes. Sounds like something more serious. This are usually sturdy amps. If GC doesn't help you that thing should have a 5 year warranty from fender.

It has a 3 year warrenty for defective purposes, but I didnt know if it was defective or maybe I am just missing something here
Quote by IbanezPsycho
GC usually doesnt have anny issues taking stuff back.. Just return it and dont even worry about it...

Alrite thanks for everyones input
Not to seem obvious but did you check the fuse?

Simple 20 cent solution if its that.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
Quote by StriferDiem
Not to seem obvious but did you check the fuse?

Simple 20 cent solution if its that.

Honestly if something popped a fuse and its in its 30 days its still getting returned... The fuse popped for a reason.....
If it went this fast it doesnt really matter if its a simple fuse. Shouldnt need to start puting fuses in a an week old amp. So it goes back.
sounds like a power tube shorted out and took out the fuse, like it's supposed to do. Since it's under 30 days, yeah take it back, but I would guess tubes and fuse.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids