i want to be a good roomate for my dorm this fall and i want to know some tips as to what would help me be cool with him to get along well with me

edit im not a good talker either cause im shy,does this matter? anyone whos got experience
Last edited by guitar-guy69 at May 21, 2008,
if you have a problem, talk it out. I had a really passive aggressive roommate who would never admit he was angry, but take out his aggression in little other ways to piss me off.
"How to fly: Hurl yourself at the ground and miss."
-Douglas Adams
Pround member of the Motley Crue club.
Well first off is consideration, do to him what he does to you. 2nd is if you got a dorm app they usually stick you with a guy that has the same interests as you. If your a stoner and your roomy happens to be one too then dont sweat ****. If you cant get along with a fellow stoner than your probably an ass. The last thing is dont expect this dude to automatically do what you expect out of him; we're all different in acute ways. Thats all common sense man, dont have to have Hitler's charisma to draw people in man.
Its only wrong if you get caught.
Clean up after yourself.

If you do end up rooming with a guy you can't stand, just change rooms.
Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.
offer him a sponge bath every Wednesday night and then clip his toe nails
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Maybe you'll be lucky like me and get a roommate who is never there. I literally went days at a time without seeing him. It was sweet.

Just try and be pals and talk out any issues you have.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Never bone your girlfriend in his bed. N-E-V-E-R.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by guitar-guy69
what?

Sharing ramen is like a pact, a pact of trust and friendship. The 70 cent soup means much more than tastiness.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Quote by FireandFlames
Ramen = essential college food

I got a funny story for ramen actually...

Someone was cookin ramen down the hall, so I went down there and I was goin to jack it from the microwave, little did I know, the water was practically boiling.

So I'm running down the hall and I'm spilling all this boiling water all over my hands, so I drop the whole damn thing on the floor in the hallway. He comes up the steps and sees my hands shaking in pain and the ramen spilled on the ground, he cracks up and goes back downstairs to get another thing of ramen.

For the next few days after that, my hands couldn't stop shaking due to the burns on my hands, it sucked, but it was ****in hilarious.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
I agree with everyone that told you to pick up after yourself. Also, if you have a girlfriend or a friend over and they are the type that think that they can do whatever they wish in your room (even though you share the space with a roomate), make sure you put a stop to that. I had some terrible experiences with roomates that had their significant others over and let them trash the place, use my stuff and basically treat me like I didn't live there.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
What about guitars and loud, 100-watt Fullstacks?
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Quote by terrencemaddox
I agree with everyone that told you to pick up after yourself. Also, if you have a girlfriend or a friend over and they are the type that think that they can do whatever they wish in your room (even though you share the space with a roomate), make sure you put a stop to that. I had some terrible experiences with roomates that had their significant others over and let them trash the place, use my stuff and basically treat me like I didn't live there.

True story! Me and one of my flatmates will sometimes have friends over for drinks, and the other week one of them ended up getting us in trouble with the police, which made our other flatmate pretty furious at us.....especially as his dad is the landlord, so any police involvement kinda puts a black mark on his property-renting record.

So from then on we've been extremely strict with anyone who comes round....I have a feeling that our other flatmate will just be looking for an excuse to have us evicted now! So yeah, make sure you keep your guests in line....don't be a total killjoy, but make sure they know that they can't just wreck the place if they so wish.
California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain, Honolulu star-bright, the song remains the same.

Casting quarters into wells that hold our dreams.

Believe in the freedom of music.

With our love, we could save the world.
Quote by The Shadow
True story! Me and one of my flatmates will sometimes have friends over for drinks, and the other week one of them ended up getting us in trouble with the police, which made our other flatmate pretty furious at us.....especially as his dad is the landlord, so any police involvement kinda puts a black mark on his property-renting record.

So from then on we've been extremely strict with anyone who comes round....I have a feeling that our other flatmate will just be looking for an excuse to have us evicted now! So yeah, make sure you keep your guests in line....don't be a total killjoy, but make sure they know that they can't just wreck the place if they so wish.

Wow, what exactly did this person do?

Also, I couldn't agree more with you. It's good to find a way to keep guests from being disrespectful while still allowing them to enjoy themselves.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quit eating my ****ing bagel bites.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.