Hey all,

What's the best floyd rose bridge for fluttering? For those who don't know what fluttering is, I guess you can't really answer the question, but fluttering refers to 'flicking' the trem bar as you play notes, giving a warbling sound as the note 'flutters' above and below what it should be.

I use an Original Floyd Rose, which to my ears and hands strikes a good balance between flutter and stability. I haven't played any of the other bridges (edge pro, lopro, etc) though so I'd like to know how people think they compare.

Before I get someone saying I just need to go play the guitars: I will, but I don't think the 30 minutes I spend with a trem in the store will tell me enough about it to accurately compare it to my OFR. I tend to have a high bias towards new stuff...
Want: EH Deluxe Memory Man, Warmoth Strat, Budda Superdrive 45
OFR's are my favorite, and the best in my opinion.
Quote by umbrellacorp
tom morello that bitch

^ Talking about how high to play your guitar.
The Lo Pro Edge flutters wonderfully...Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and John Petrucci are three of the most consumate flutterers out there and they all use it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
my gotoh flutters extremely nicely. of course, when i tried an OFR it fluttered pretty nicely too.

you'd need to try them, i guess, but it's hard to find guitars with gotohs (musicmen i think have gotohs, and suhr has started to use them).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by steven seagull
The Lo Pro Edge flutters wonderfully...Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and John Petrucci are three of the most consumate flutterers out there and they all use it.

Petrucci plays Musicman these days if I remember correctly.
ADA MP-1 fanatic!

Rig:
ADA MP-1 (stock)
TC Electronic G-Major
Marshall El84 20/20
Quote by Horlicks
Ibanez Zero Resistance

Nooooo. It's my favorite bridge for smoothness, but flutter wise it does poorly.

I say the best is the OFR. But my OFR is kinda loose so I dont know. Is as if the hole was too big for the whammy bar.