I just joined a new band that is Hardcore, Metalcore, and Thrash and they said that i needed some pedals(because I don't own any) and I have no idea which ones to get. Suggestions please?
I'd upgrade the guitar and amp before I'd even think about getting a new pedal. Also, the Cube has plenty of gain.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
maybe you should ask them what you should get since they're demanding that you have some. It seems that upgrading your guitar and amp is going to be a lot more essential than getting effects pedals.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Boss MT-2 Metalzone. So many tones can be made from that one. Very useful pedal!
-------------------------
Ibanez JS 1000
USA Jackson DNKY
EPI LP ltd
VOX VTX120
EPI Valve jr
and a bunch of pedals
Quote by The Charm
I'd upgrade the guitar and amp before I'd even think about getting a new pedal. Also, the Cube has plenty of gain.
I don't really have enough money to upgrade my guitar at the moment. If you happen to know a good metal guitar that doesn't cost an arm and a leg feel free to let me know.
Quote by navonski
Boss MT-2 Metalzone. So many tones can be made from that one. Very useful pedal!
Thanks.
Quote by navonski

Noooo!!! Don't do it! The Metalzone is grainy, flabby and buzzy all in one. That's too many -y's for a pedal!
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by Generalpwnt
Noooo!!! Don't do it! The Metalzone is grainy, flabby and buzzy all in one. That's too many -y's for a pedal!

Lol. Ok. Then what would you suggest?
Quote by navonski

That's a mean trick.

Get anything but the MT-2, it's the fizziest sounding distortion I've ever heard.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
EHX Metal Muff
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by BurnTheBackyard
I don't really have enough money to upgrade my guitar at the moment. If you happen to know a good metal guitar that doesn't cost an arm and a leg feel free to let me know.

Ibanez RG321 or Ibanez ART100 (ART120 if you are from europe) maybe?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by Broken-pick
EHX Metal Muff

An excellent choice.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by helsinki_vampir
Ibanez RG321 or Ibanez ART100 (ART120 if you are from europe) maybe?

Thanks. I will definetly check those out.
Yes, definitely EHX Metal Muff. With Top Boost on you just sounds like Dimebag. However, it's best if you can try out the pedal first with a similar set up of your amp and guitar.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Are you planning to gig with this pedal one day and use it with high W amps? Then those cheap Digitech, Boss etc metal pedals will sound muddy through a good amp, they're great for practicing at home though. Haven't tested EHX pedals, but one way to choose a pedal is to see which pedals do famous metal acts use the most.
Quote by STABxYOU
That's a mean trick.

Get anything but the MT-2, it's the fizziest sounding distortion I've ever heard.

I was being serious.
The original poster listed like 3 different styles of music they were going to play with it. I Suggest the MT-2 because of all the metal type pedals I've heard, that one has the widest tonal range in the EQ (sort of parametric controls for the mids). It can be pretty fizzy, but if you're patient enough to tweak for awhile, you can make it sound ok. It doesn't only do the "box full of bee's" sound. The dst lvl control's on there for a reason, y'know
-------------------------
Ibanez JS 1000
USA Jackson DNKY
EPI LP ltd
VOX VTX120
EPI Valve jr
and a bunch of pedals